Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,190

1 members and 3,189 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Where to buy Mazuri Breeder feed 6F in Orlando

I am hoping someone will know where I can get the Mazuri brand breeder feed 6F for rats in Orlando Florida. The Mazuri website charges like $30 to ship. I have called every feed store around and no-one has it.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Sorry, my local feed store is in Palatka. That's a couple hours away. They seemed to think it was no big deal to order it in, though.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Re: Where to buy Mazuri Breeder feed 6F in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Sorry, my local feed store is in Palatka. That's a couple hours away. They seemed to think it was no big deal to order it in, though.
    ok well that helps. I will ask the feed shop here to get it in. I assumed that I would still have to pay that high shipping charge. How much did they charge you for the 50 lb bags? On the Mazuri website it is $26/bag and $30 for shipping.

Also, I was hoping that this feed will satisfy the appetites of the 1:3 adults that I have in the breeding box so they will not eat all the babies. out of the first litter of 11 babies, only one survived. His name is now "Lucky" and he is a male so I will reward him by starting another breeding group with him.

Thanks
    $19.95 per 50 lb bag, no extra for shipping because they get it in their regular shipments. I tell the woman I need XX number of bags, and on tuesday she orders, on friday it arrives and I pick it up.

FARM AND PET OUTLET
    ALI RABAH
    19004 E COLONIAL DR
    ORLANDO, FL 32820
    Phone No: 407-368-8485

This store comes up on the Mazuri website and they do order "exotic" so if you're nice, you should be able to ask them to order you in some of the rodent food too.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

MeinDraco (04-22-2012)

Thanks
    At $19.95 for a 50lb bag of 6F she is basically doing you a favor because she's making nothing on it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnNJ For This Useful Post:

MeinDraco (04-22-2012)

Thanks

Fantastic! That is like 20-30 minutes from me. I will call her tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
    At $19.95 for a 50lb bag of 6F she is basically doing you a favor because she's making nothing on it.
    I have no idea what prices she's paying, I asked if they could order it, they did and when it came in, I paid for it. No real discussion on "Can you do it cheaper?" ever came up. And, I'm not a regular customer who asked about this special food... I just walked in and asked them, and now I'll be going there for whatever I need that they carry.

If they aren't making any money, I'm a little sad, because they're a business and I want them to make money. But I don't know why they'd not be making some sort of profit off my small order, since I have no connection to them, other than walking in and becoming a customer.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA

Thanks
    Maybe they feel $1 or $2 a bag is enough on an item they don't stock. It's already sold when they order it.

Plus they now have a loyal customer that is buying more than that one item. Alot of businesses have forgotten things like loyalty.

Thanks
    Could be, but now I'm going to ask her to make sure she's going to make something on the sale. I do know she orders the same food in large orders for another (much larger) rat breeder, but she is getting MY order when I ask, not just as a add-on to theirs. Maybe that makes a difference?

It's honestly the best place I've shopped in forever. Just can't beat young country boys who doff their hats and call you "ma'am" when you walk out.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA

Thanks

I will be ordering the rat feed from them today. if they are as good as you say, and I believe you. I will buy my dog food for my two dogs there too. I am a big supporter of locally owned business.

By the way. They are most likely making a fair profit. I own a business. Mazuri web site has a retail price of $25. generally you get at least 40% off list as a retailer. So their cost would be around $15.00 and at $20.00 sale price, that is a 30% margin. very fair and acceptable.

Plus their word of mouth seams to be working and getting them more customers. Thanks again for the info. I look forward to shopping here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast