Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,125

4 members and 3,121 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai

Thread: Newbie Question

Thanks

Newbie Question

Hi all I have a quick question I would like some help with. I'll set you up with the scenario and then ask what I'm wondering. I paired up my male pastel with my normal female for four weekends in a row. During the week after their last breeding the male went off feed so I decided not to pair them, which I'm thankful for because several days later he came down with an RI(PS he is now well on his way to recovery thanks to my vet and wonderful antibiotics). Now each weekend they were paired I observed very solid locks. I never actually observed ovulation, and understand it's possible I could have just missed it. Since the end of February until today my female has gained 633 grams. Is this any indicator that she may be gravid? This just seems like an awful amount of weight to gain in less than 60 days.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    That much weight gain sounds more like she may be building.
    Unless you don't check on and look at your snakes every day or two Ovy's are pretty hard to miss!
    Here are a couple of ours from this year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to C&H Exotic Morphs For This Useful Post:

prodigyak (04-18-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Newbie Question

Its possible she is gravid. Was she on the cool side constantly while breeding? Was she glowing at all? is she now on the hotspot 24/7? Is she off feed? If you said yes to all these questions it is possible she is gravid but you never know unless you witness ovy or she just looks like shes gonna blow.

Thanks

Let me also pose this question then. Since I will no longer be pairing the male since he is recovering from illness, what are the odds that she actually still goes?

Thanks

I paired my female with my male back in October saw a lot of locks and decided to let her be and i didnt catch her ovy or anything i thought she just wasn't going to lay this year since this is her first year breeding and i came home after Easter and she laid me 5 big beautiful eggs after making me wait for so long.