Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,078

1 members and 2,077 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Lesser and Mojave Quality-to-price question

I have an opportunity to buy a young male Mojo and an adult (most likely gravid) female Lesser. But because I'm not sure on the prices, I'd like a little help - if possible.

The guy sent me really bad webcam pics, but they are from last night - so I guess they are the most up to date.

This is the male Mojo - he didnt tell me weight though - He only wants 50$ for him

The female lesser I have a few more questions about though - shes supposedly gravid to another lesser, but I can't tell :/ He wants 1300$ for her, so I'm going to see if he can get me better pictures, or if I can stop in and see her first (he actually lives in the same state, not too far away) She is 1500g apparently

I know they are crappy pictures, but can anybody tell me if they think its worth it? I don't have to worry about shipping, but I'm concerned about paying that much for a snake that may not be worth it.

Is she worth it? I'll probably end up getting the Mojo regardless..
    Is she worth it if she ISN'T gravid?
    Last edited by Xotik; 04-17-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    4.4.1 Normal BPs (Pandemonium, Sable, Typhon, Oberyn, Tortuga, Peekaboo, Naja, Kundalini, Icky)
    1.0 Het Pied BPs (Argonaut)
    1.0 Lesser x Butter BEL BP (Castiel)
    0.1 Pueblan Milksnake (NoFeet!)
    0.2 Cats (Little, Ty)
    0.1 Dog (Lucy)
    0.2 Rats (Jezebelle, Puddle)
    1.2 Mouse (Lemur, Tunami and Tsunami)
    Vermont Strong.

Registered User slithering house's Avatar
    Thanks
    the male looks good but the female looks slender to be gravid the male looks to be around 400 grams i would definitly have the female sexed being you dont want to put alot of cash out if it turns out to be male but they look good
    Last edited by slithering house; 04-17-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    I was thinking the same thing about the female - not looking gravid. Even if she isn't, I have a lesser that I can use to breed to her anyways.
    The Mojo doesn't look 400grams o.0 He looks like a little baby - which I'm totally okay with.

I'm considering learning to probe beforehand anyways and probing them myself.
    4.4.1 Normal BPs (Pandemonium, Sable, Typhon, Oberyn, Tortuga, Peekaboo, Naja, Kundalini, Icky)
    1.0 Het Pied BPs (Argonaut)
    1.0 Lesser x Butter BEL BP (Castiel)
    0.1 Pueblan Milksnake (NoFeet!)
    0.2 Cats (Little, Ty)
    0.1 Dog (Lucy)
    0.2 Rats (Jezebelle, Puddle)
    1.2 Mouse (Lemur, Tunami and Tsunami)
    Vermont Strong.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    $50 for the male is a good deal as long as he's healthy.

That female does not look gravid to me. Breeder sized female morphs usually go for about a dollar a gram as a rule of thumb.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (04-17-2012)

Thanks

Re: Lesser and Mojave Quality-to-price question

The mojo's goin to be a steal for that price so there's no question bout it. The lesser bein gravid? Hmm, im kinda skeptical. Its a bit slender in those pics. The seller might mean she may be bred to another lesser, but then again, w/o the any evidences like ovy or even mating pictures, I'll still consider her as an adult lesser.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    I'd say that mojo is a steal!
    And that lesser is no way gravid. She looks so small and slender. (or maybe that guy has huge hands?!)

If you're not totally sure about the lesser, I would pass her up. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks

If it's local, why don't you just go check it out? And you could ask for pics of the pairing. Are you comfortable with determining if a snake is gravid or not...I mean, it becomes fairly obvious at a point, but not so obvious at first if you're not aware of when it ovulated, shed, etc...

I'd say it's entirely possible that the lesser is gravid(not saying it is)...looks like a very pronounced ridged back for a snake that otherwise looks like a perfectly healthy weight.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

You're right on the crappy pics, lol! That said, I'd snatch that mojo up in a heartbeat. From the pics, he looks to have awesome flames and nice blushing on his sides and what I can see of his top. His pattern is nice and for that price, welll...cheaper than a pet store normal for a morph!

As to the lesser, I'd be really hesitant there. I'd bring someone that knows their business (or knows a snakes business, as it were!) to probe and pop that female. As to being gravid, I don't know. I could see signs saying "maybe" but for that price, I'd be really hesitant unless it was a more sure thing than what I can tell from those pics. Just my two cents, let us know what you decide and if she turns out to be gravid if you end up getting her.
    Before all else, be armed. - Niccolo Machiavelli

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    $50 seems FAR too low for a male Mojo, even with me being in Canada. Baby mojo's go for around $250.

As for the lesser, I don't think she's a particularily pretty one, anyways. Who knows, she could be a stunner in real life, though. But you'd think that guy would have a better camera if he wants to sell snakes...

A webcam? Really? What is this, 2002?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Ummm just get both lol. Those are really good prices and both the snakes look good to me. Id buy both, but thats just me.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast