Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,470

3 members and 3,467 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Rescue snakes grow poorly?

So as my boyfriend and I were talking, we realized that all our rescue snakes haven't grown nearly as well as the snakes we've had since hatchlings. Most of the rescues were poorly fed and were around 2 years old when we got them (some a little younger, some much older). Just wondering if anyone else has come across the same issue. Does their bad start in life affect how big they'll be able to grow?
    0.1 Dinker (Goliath), 1.1 Het Ghost (Hercules & Athena), 1.0 Lesser (Titan), 0.1 Het Albino (Arya), 0.1 Wild Caught (Cleopatra), 1.1 Het VPI Axanthic (Perseus & Aphrodite), 1.0 Albino (Midas), 1.0 Butter (Samson), 0.1 Spider (Delilah), 1.1 Mojave (Apollo & Pandora), 0.1 Yellowbelly (Venus), 1.1 Het Pied (Isis & Osiris), 1.0 Bumblebee (Orion), 1.0 (Poss G Stripe) Pied (Spartacus), 0.1 Normal (Bandit), 1.0 Albino Burm (Caesar),2.1 Dogs, 0.2 Cats, 0.0.1 African Dwarf Frog, 0.0.2 Vicious Fishes, 1.0 child, 1.0 husband

In Loving Memory: 1.0 Pastel Zeus, 0.1 het Albino Anya

I'm a girl, I have snakes, I have tattoos, and I have piercings.

The more I talk to humans, the more I prefer my snakes.

http://www.iherp.com/julieinnj

Thanks

Re: Rescue snakes grow poorly?

i have actually adopted a BP and he was left in an apartment for two months with no food/water/etc...since i have adopted (about a year ago) he has grown perfectly but yes i have noticed that my other male BP is still bigger. some factors could be the age of the snakes you are comparing or even the fact that some rescue snake's growth could be stunted if they were not properly cared for in the past. as long as your rescue snake is eating, shedding, etc. and it looks like he has an appropriate weight for his length, i wouldn't worry about it.