Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,190

0 members and 3,190 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

How do you ship?

So... I know how to properly package a reptile, but I don't know how to start the process.. Where do you get the boxes / snake bags / heat packs / Styrofoam?? How does SYR work? Do they mail you a box? Do you go pick one up?

I'm about to sell a snake and I've never shipped a reptile before... I will pay the cost of the shipping, and I want to make sure the snake will be perfectly healthy upon arrival.

PM or post please? There's a local reptile shop that ships reptiles.. Would it be weird if I asked them for a hand? Maybe they could hook me up with some shipping supplies and help me ship it out? Not sure what the process is lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    Check out the SYR website, they pretty much walk you through the process and you can get everything through them. They will ship you the supplies, etc. I've used them to ship and it's worked very well. You can also get supplies from TSK Supply or Superior Shipping Supplies.
    Last edited by Dave Green; 04-11-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Re: How do you ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Green View Post
    Check out the SYR website, they pretty much walk you through the process and you can get everything through them. They will ship you the supplies, etc. I've used them to ship and it's worked very well. You can also get supplies from TSK Supply or Superior Shipping Supplies.
    Thanks. How long does it take to get the supplies required to ship the reptile?
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    I always order supplies ahead of time and they arrive in a couple/few days. You can probably pay for 2nd day or overnight delivery if necessary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Green For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    I use SYR for shipping (but have bought some supplies from them), but may use other sites for supplies as well. Just make sure that the foam is 3/4 inches because that is what SYR states in their guarantees.

Here is another option for supplies: http://www.tsksupply.com/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-11-2012)

Thanks

Re: How do you ship?

For the last couple years I've been using Uline's insulated shippers. It's a two-piece styro cooler insert inside the cardboard box. I pay a bit more for them than I would for the industry standard, but for me, the peace of mind is well worth the extra expense. I never had issue with the pack flat red label boxes, just wanted something more solid. Personal preference.

I buy my bags, deli cups, and heat packs from TSK supplies.

SYR is basically just a third party shipper. You package the snake up at your location using your proper shipping materials and following their guidelines, and purchase the shipping label for it through their website, which you then print out at home and place on your box. Drop off at your nearest hub or other drop-point as usual.
    `*`

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadera For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-11-2012)