Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,456

6 members and 3,450 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun...

Thanks
    Where'd your pythons get their names? I know alot of people have a reason behind naming their snakes what they do, or maybe they're just completely random... (like most of my fish names). Just thought it'd be some fun stuff to read

As some of you now know, I'm a car freak, so Eleanor got her name from the Mustang in Gone in 60 Seconds... can't say I liked the movie much, but I loved the car... aaaaand I'm dying to see the oringinal movie, can't find it anywhere though!!

Vince is named after three Vincents. My boyfriend just about killed me (well not really... he lives 400 miles away, but he was kinda mad) when he found out I came home with another snake. The next day he felt bad and apologized and realized it's not a big deal, as long as I'd let him name it, lol. So he decided on Vincent after Vincent Furnier (Alice Cooper's real name), Vincent Price, and Vincent VanGogh. Luckily I loved the idea, lol

So let's see some name stories!
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks

Me in 1966 and 2001

Well, it's not to hard to figure out my BP's name. I named him Monty because I am sort of a Monty Python fan. But when I became a member of this site I noticed there were more than one named Monty. Since there was allready a monty or two on this site I had to do something and I didnt want to change his name, so I added Joe. Why Joe? Hell, I dont know....Just thought it fit. :mrgreen:
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Banned
    Thanks
    Goldy- her color
    Monty- Um....
    The Runt- explains itself

Thanks
    Vincent's name was almost Monte (Carlo or Python, double meaning I guess)... my boyfriend had forgotten by now that he told me almost two years ago that if I ever got another snake he was gonna name it Monte (we're kinda Monty Python fans too)
    -Lindsay

0.1 ball python - 1.1 leopard geckos

Thanks
    When I found out that Atreyu was a he (and not a she like the previous owners guessed), I gave him that name because I loved it from the movie The Neverending Story.

Bastians name was already picked out before I even saw him. Also from the movie.

When I get a female, her name will be Moon Child. That is what Bastian named the Childlike Princess in order to save Fantasia.

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Thanks

Very easy!

Zeus was the father of the Greek gods, and I am hoping my Zeus will be the father of my piebald line.
    Eddy-----uuuummmmmm------yeah.
    Maggie--I have always loved the name Maggie. Don't know why.
    Julie--It was one of the J-themed names when I first started my collection
    Joe--again, with the J theme
    Roswell--she came to me named from Marcus (Fourfeathers) I didn't have anything better in mind, so it stuck. He named her that because part of her pattern reminded him of an alien
    Noobie--Never figured out a name for her, and she is my newest.....it is kind of a default name, I guess
    Callie--California Kingsnake--I wasn't feeling particularly creative that day!
    Jazzy--short for Jasmine, which my wife came up with, and I didn't feel was a very "snakey" name
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    I guess I should have gone ahead and named him what I was originally going to name him. The kid's had the final vote on the name when we named him. I gave the options and they voted. The other name I wanted was Gallagher. I guess when i get the second BP that will be it's name.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    Buddy was named that cause he has been my "buddy" from day one.

Joe- just cause it sounded good at the time and I could not think of anything else, plus I felt bad he did not have a name for like 2 or 3 weeks.

Hershey- cause it fits.

My AFT- her name is Miranda... cause it just fits.

Our ferrets, both are named Zarwynn and Draeco..after dragons. It was done as a joke cause they so little like a dragon, they are goof balls.

Kiwi- my love bird.. and when I say "my" I really mean it. He only likes me, I am the only one in this house who can hold him, get him talking.. shoot, he will even lay on his back all relaxed in my hands for hours. He was named after my favorite fruit, and he is a little fruity anyhow... he is the color of Kiwi too. LOL

Katie our beagle, It just fit. And to this day, it still does.

Funny one...

In just about every family there is, you tend to find names or words that family uses to describe some types of people, personalites, etc.. Well, my families is the name Frank. My brother and I had this friend named Frank many years ago, and it seemed like everything he touched got messed up, dont get me wrong, he was a great guy. And he was kinda funny, when he got irritated with you, he would just get real "frank" about things or with you. Not like snotty and yelling, but in a funny way, he would just tell you things straight and there was no way going around it, and then he would just laugh at your reaction. So, I named one of my dwarf hamsters Frank. Cause he reminds me of our friend Frank. One of my other dwarfs is named Coke. The reason for that, when he was young he was always going, and he is white, so since he was super active and all white, we just called him Coke. Now he is around 3 years old, and a fat lazy white thing. LMAO Lucky was named so cause he was lucky to be brought home from the place I worked, other wise, he would have been a dead hamster in a snakes belly.

OK, I am done. Had alot to say. We have lots of critters, many more to list, but it would take the rest of the night probably. But I am sure you get the idea.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    My first ball python I ever got was Caesar. I named him that basically because he IS royalty I was thinking to name him Julius Caesar, but then it just got kinda corny. The other names- Shayla, Sadie, Brooke, Masquerade, Pandora, etc.... Just kinda came outta my @$$ OOPS!!

There ya go. So basically, Caesar's name has a sorta meaning behind it, and all the others I just thought were either cool sounding or pretty.

Thanks
    My boyfriend gave me 3 hints as to what my birthday present was: 1inch by 1inch by a foot and a half, brown, tan, black, white, and pink, and he couldn't keep it at his house for too long. My best friend and my sister both guessed something with a pink ribbon. I had no idea that it was a ball python! But they made fun of him for not putting a pink ribbon on it (the pink was the inside of her mouth). After thinking of several named, I finally decided on Ribbon, because of the pink ribbon he didn't put on it, and because she likes to curl around my neck like a ribbon.

Emily

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast