Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,252

0 members and 3,252 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    When I was in the Coast Guard on Lake Erie (stationed in Detroit) we had to go thru ALOT of training reguarding that exact situation. And those officers did exactly what we were taught... The SICK thing is his family will prolly win some law suit, or jus tdrag it out enough that those poor officers are forced to resign.

Probably two wonderful officers that just had a tough case to deal with. But I applaud them on the job they did. Anyone who'se seen the video knows they were tellin him to put his hands behind his back, and other commands which he obvioulsy wasn't doing. And the fact that all the bruises were on his torso/back shows that they weren't wreckless with their batons. If they were wreckless he'd have bruises on his head and neck areas as well.

-Chris

Thanks
    And reguarding the PCP/Cocaine side of it. Every word of that is totally true. One time my crew was on L/E patrols on the Detroit River (l/E = Law Enforcement.. i.e. boardings) and we stopped a boat of "partiers"... well most were just drunk but we found traces of coke on the deck of the boat so we started field testing everyone, and when we got to the guy who was doin it (approx 19 years old, 5'6" 170lbs) he picked myself and one of my shipmates up and thru us overboard. The other 2 members of my crew promptly introduced him to the deck of his boat and detained him till we were able to swim around to the aft of our boat and climb back onboard.

Tempers are hard to control when ur in those situations, but you're trained to deal with it. And trained on how to think. Here's my thinking on it, please let me know if u disagree as I find this an interesting topic. My thinking is I'm a Law Enforcement Officer for my city/state/country and you are Harry Homeowner who is out living ur day to day life. Now when I meet Bob Cardriver and he's got a tail light out... well Im gonna pull him over. And as I walk up to his car several things could happen. A) he cooperates fully and I issue him a warning/citation and send him on his way... b) He's drunk in which case I have to worry about gettin hiim out of his vehicle (keep in mind oncoming cars don't always see/react well around blinking lights) and doing a field test and then arrest him. or c) He pulls a knife/gun on me as I walk up to his window for nothing more than a taillight.

When ur put in that sort of situation you have to rememeber that the city/municipity/state/country u work for has given you power above and beyond that of the rest of its citizens so that you and the rest of your force can enforce the laws of the people. And when you cross paths with someone who is on drugs most of what you're taught goes out the window. You're taught how to defend urself, and take down the suspect via pressure points, and other places on the body to cause the suspect to collapse... but when ur suspect is on drugs its VERY VERY hard to subdue a suspect. I've seen USCG footage of a suspect who was higher than a kite off of PCP get shot in the chest 6 times with a 9mm and he kept walking unaffected... just to give u guys an idea of how strong people appear to be on drugs.

Wow.. I can't believe i just said all that lol.. this comin from the guy who was arrested three times out in AZ for doing Wheelies on my motorcycle lol I love cops... just not the ones in Phoenix LOL

-Chris

Thanks
    I don't know if the particular case that your talking about was police brutality or not bet here's my own my personal experiences. First of I have used almost any drug that you can think of except heroin. I know first hand that PCP and crystal make you think that your invincible/on top of the world. I'm not a big guy at all, I'm only 5'4" 140lbs and yet it took six cops to take me down once. I understand that cops are risking their on lives performing their jobs but I also that police brutality does exist. I had a friend that was gang related, he did some time then he changed his life around. One day he was pumping gas, all of a sudden a bunch of cop cars surrounded him. The cops told him to put his hands up, to lay in face down in the floor. He reached for his prescription glasses that where in his sweats so they wouldn't break and they shot him to death. Later on they admitted that they were looking for another guy that fitted his description but how if the guy they were looking for was black and my friend was mexican? I could give you more examples but it won't solve anything. As for me, well I haven't used drugs nor drank in almost 3 years. I'm young but I started early.

Banned
    Thanks
    That's CA police for ya....

Thanks
    Well I wouldnt say that is a typicall CA police, CA is not the only place this happens........One of the worst thing's to do is to reach into your pocket for any reason when you have a gun, or gun's drawn on you. Best thing to do is to just do as you are told. Not saying the police are right, Just DO as you are told and worry about the other stuff later.

I have had my fair share of dealing's with the police and I have learned just to do what they say and keep your mouth shut, and if you are in the right, it will all come out at the end.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12