Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

2 members and 3,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks
    When I was given my 2 bp's I was told that the female would most likely not eat while he was showing me how to feed them because she was pregnant and due to lay her eggs any time now. He put 2 rats in the cage, the male killed both of them and then ate one. I was told to just leave to rat in there and it would most likely be gone in the morning. Well he was right. The problem with that is that I don't know which one ate it. Not like I really know which one is the female. I am assuming it is the thicker one that stays in the hide and barely comes out.

I've been doing some research trying to figure out what to do for the female. She hasn't laid any eggs yet and it looks like she is getting ready to shed, so they should be coming soon after that right?

Anyway, they are due for another feeding and I wanted to know if I should try and feed the female. I read somewhere that it would be best to not feed her to close to when she lays her eggs because the eggs could make it harder for her to digest and pass the right? Is this true? Should I give her a rat and see if she will eat it. I don't even know if she ate at the last feeding.

Banned
    Thanks
    From what I've heard they do not eat when they are carrying eggs. I guess they just refuse to eat until they lay, and if you let the female incubate the eggs she will not eat during that time either. I think you should wait until she lays, or if she is just now pregnant it might be fine if she is just starting out. Try something small. This really isn't my area, maybe someone else knows better.

Thanks
    From what I've read they don't eat when pregnant I think thats wy bp have to be at a certain weight before they get pregnant because they live off the fat.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Schurke & Sage)
    0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Artemis)
    0.1 Blood Python (Clover)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If you are housing them together and she is already gravid maybe you should seperate them.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.