Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

3 members and 3,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Shipping

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I met a girl from California with a male bp, approx. 3 feet long. She is offering to give it to me, since she will soon be starting college and wants someone she knows will take good care of it. So, to her, a pet shop or rescue is out of the question. My question is, what companies ship animals? And, how trustworthy is this method? If I get negative feedback about shipping across the country, I'm going to disregaurd this whole idea. But, who could possibly pass up a free bp!?!?

Thanks guys...

-Wiz

Thanks
    Funny you should ask about that.....I was just getting ready to post the following reason NOT to use UPS and FedEX to ship snakes.......

Seriously, though. FedEx overnight might be ok, (assuming heat packs were used) but might cost as much as buying a snake.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    7 out of the 10 BP's I have were shipped to me through either Airborne Express or UPS. (From Florida to here in Arizona). I have yet to have a problem with them. But, like Rplank said, expect to pay upwards $50 just for overnight shipping. I don't think UPS likes the idea of snake shipments, but that is a whole other thread. :sigh:

If you are willing to have it shipped across country, and pay the cash for it, I don't see why you wouldn't have it shipped to you. A free BP? It would have already been to my house LOL!!! Better yet, you can tell her to send him to me! LOL

Just explain to her to USE A HEATPACK (20+ hours is a must); as well as a styrofoam lined box, if you plan on doing it. I'm sure you know all this, but it kind of sounds like you haven't had experience with shipping snakes. I'm only trying to help.

Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help, and you're right... The only thing I've ever mailed in my entire life were my college applications (lol, which were never replied too by the way. i like to think i wrote the addresses wrong).

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    LOL- Cuz you know those college addresses..they can be trciky I tell ya!!!
    Jennifer

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    **Tricky

D@mm!t I killed it! LMAO

Thanks
    IMO..if you are gonna ship any animal..use air borne express, they seem to be better about it. However, it is not allowed to ship live animals using fed ex and ups..says so right on thier site. Makes me wonder how it is so many people are able to do it. Just make sure the bp has heat packs and is over nighted to you, but as others have said...it can be costly, and, another thing to consider, is the girl who is willing to ship this bp to you going to get good heat packs, does she know how to ship live animals? Just a thought.

Banned
    Thanks
    Airborne is cheaper, and safer. They use heated trucks too!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I spoke with her briefly about shipping arangements, and she offered to pay for shipping prior to shipment, then when the snake arrives (if it arrives) and is alive and kickin', i would reimburse her. Which I would gladly do, considering a healthy, gorgeous adult bp for 30-50 dollars is one hell of a deal imo...

-Wiz
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Go for it dude! Like I said, it would have already been at my house if it was me. Just let her know the things that are VITAL to the shipping process (and keeping a beautiful snake alive on its journey).

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Jennifer