Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

1 members and 3,318 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks

Re: No more Native Earth on National Pet Pharmacy?

Where are you located? New Jersey?

I get Mazuri 6F for 20 a bag and can get Kent for 11 a bag in Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
    I found a dealer that is giving me Mazuri 6F (50 lbs.) for $23.50 a bag. Sales tax brings it up to $25.15 compared to Native Earth at $31.86.

Mazuri quality is better. I was getting 1-3 pounds of dust in the 40 lb. bags of NE, something I don't see in the Mazuri bags.

I would love to get Kent for $14-$18 for 50 lbs. but it's just not available anywhere near me.

I'll mention this for anyone that cares to follow through and maybe make some money. I found local mills that would duplicate any existing food and bag it. They have a 500 lb. minimum and you would need to find a mill that has a die to create the block form but it can be done. You could become the manufacturer and sell locally. Cost was minimal and there was room to make a profit. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I'm using the Tractor Supply pine/aspen myself. I'm kind of hoping that the feed store might just have something cheaper.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post

I get Mazuri 6F for 20 a bag and can get Kent for 11 a bag in Kansas City
    Great prices but the trade off is that you have to live in Kansas City. :p

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Wow, this just SUCKS! I just barely got my first order, and started raising rats! Oh well. i'll have to search it out more thoroughly for mazuri.

Is the ammonia a lot higher with mazuri 6f? How about adults eating babies? Are they happy with 6f? Man, what a bummer.
    Lots of BPs, and still not enough!

https://www.facebook.com/selectmorphs

This is addictive...what did I get myself into?...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Mazuri was just about $20 at my local feed store(50 lb bag, the 25 lb bag was around $15?), I was looking for the darn receipt but can't find it. I've got another 4 bags on order for next week.

They said in order to get the 16-5 rodent feed I'd have to order 3 tons. That's a bit more feed than I can transport and store, honestly.

I did get the hog feed pellets(turned out to be the little pellets, not chunks) but the rats do NOT like it, and hide it rather than eat it. Even the small feeders don't eat it very well. So I have the feed store looking at the "sow cubes" too.

They also had the pine shavings/shred for extremely cheap(less than Tractor Supply). And the guys called me ma'am again. Teehee. There's something about young guys in cowboy boots who doff their hat to you and call you ma'am.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Here's some stuff I found out about Native Earth.

It's Harlan's recipe and they sell it as Global 2018. The feed is made in a mill in Wisconsin. Any of the feed that is not up to Harlan's standards is bagged and sold under different names. On the east coast it is sold to PFD/NPP as Native Earth and also to Sand Valley Farms as their 4018. It may be sold to other companies under other names but these are the only ones on the east coast, both in PA. Sand Valley also sells the Harlan aspen, same as PFD. I was told they all the feed goes through the same extruder so they're the same shape but only the best product goes to Harlan.

If you're anywhere near Richfield, PA you can get it from Sand Valley Farms cheaper than PFD.

http://www.sandvalleyfarms.com/

I'm still working on getting Kent sold near me. Blue Seal is part of Kent. If anyone is near a Blue Seal dealer that orders from the Hagerstown, MD warehouse, you can get Kent starting next week. Call the dealer for a price because it is new to them. The dealers that use Hagerstown are not just in MD. They cover a big area so call and ask. I'm working on getting it to the Arcade, NY warehouse to cover my area.

http://www.blueseal.com/company/dealerlocate.php

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnNJ For This Useful Post:

Chris633 (05-04-2012),wolfy-hound (04-06-2012)

Thanks
    Tractor Supply in my area can not order Mazuri, even though Mazuri's website says they are a distributor. Now, going to have to look at smaller feed stores, further away.

Edit: Local feed store can order it in Petersburg, VA. Not the most convenient, but within a half hour's drive.
    Last edited by Don; 05-04-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks

Saw someone posting on facebook about it. These guys are back under a new name, Pet360. They're offering a decent deal on the feed if you buy the 5 pack, with free shipping.

You guys know how they are. You better stock up before they pull their usual unannounced price raise.

http://www.pet360.com/product/9093/n...nt-diet-40-lbs
    `*`

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    Saw someone posting on facebook about it.

Yup. That was me.

Yeah, the price is very good right now. Hope they stick with it for a while.
    To ship 2 50lb bags from Mazuri directly, it's 64$.
    It's $85 shipped for 5 bags of 40lb bags of Harlan(Native Earth).

So, $86 for 200 lbs vs $64 for 100lbs.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567