Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,399

0 members and 3,399 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Here is a pic of my little albino ball that I picked up over the weekend. He is an albino that is possible het for snow. He was purchased from Cory at Bradford Cole Herp Inc.
    Enjoy,
    Jason

Thanks

New Albino Ball Python

Wow! Nice fat little guy, Jason! Congrats!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New Forum

that is exactly what i wish i could afford. what his/her name?

Thanks
    Hey thanks for the kind words. I have yet to name him, I'm horrible at finding names that I really like so it may take a while. For now is just my little baby
    Jason

Thanks
    Almost forgot to add, I too was someone who could not afford the snakes I wanted, but I started saving all my extra money and invested in just a few to get started. I bought a Pastel Jungle and about 5 normal females. Last year was my first breeding year with Ball Pythons and I produced two clutches from normalxpastel breedings. I produced 5 Pastels, sold a pair, and traded the others and some cash for my albino. Now what I am trying to get at is, if you stay focused, and work at it, your "pets" can make you enough money to afford the pets you want. I am once again breeding my Pastel along with other morphs I have aquired in hopes of buying a pied next year with the money. It is possible. I am by no means giong to make a living on my small collection (50 Ball Pythons), but if it pays for the next morph I want, thats all I can ask. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to let you know it is pretty simple and relatively cheap to start a nice breeding group.
    Jason

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i couldn't breed for money. i dont like to think of snakes as cash, but as indivuduals. not saying you don't care about your animals, i'm just more comfortable dividing my attention between a couple of snakes as opposed to as many as you have.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    This is what I was trying to explain. Everyone seems to think if you breed morphs that you do it for money. As I said I am breeding morphs so I can afford the morphs I want. I am not making a living off of snakes, and they are not paying the bills, but I can buy the next morph with each years offspring as well as supply the customer with quality captive bred animals, so hopefully import numbers will come down. I understand what your saying, and I did own snakes for a good 8-10 years before breeding, but it gets expensive putting money into something that nevers gives you any in return. I guess I am just too business minded.
    Jason

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    tell me to mind my own business if ya want, but how much did that baby run you? i'm seriously captivated by it, must have one.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Banned
    Thanks
    Are 100% hets proven? Thats how that works, correct?

With 50% pairs I could produce albinos in a couple years. But by then I fear I won't be able to sell them, or they will be worthless.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanx

must... not... covet....

I like the looks of the albinos and the piebalds, but I think it will be a long time before I can afford either. I may watch for a nice deal on a young female normal when we go up to the reptile show in Phoenix in a few weeks.
    We do not quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast