Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,398

1 members and 3,397 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeion97 View Post
    So lets say I wanted to ship to you Monica... You're a meer two hours away.. it STILL gets shipped out of state?!!??! REALLY?!?!?
    Yep.. Because it would be sent down to TNN that night and come back here.. Stupid huh.

I think they should make an exception for that seeing as how the address the snake left from and the address it's going to would both clearly be in the same state.

Can't win for losin.

----> Signature <----
    *Factoid: "There are no such things as Hogg Island or Columbian boas"

Thanks

Re: Crap!! Even shipping IN state will end up crossing state lines!!

Technicaly your shipping it within the state you live. it is not you on that the package goes out of state before it comes back to your state. form 987 s nowhere street houston tx to 123 somewhere street Dallas TX. you still shipped to your state. Fedex is the ones that are taking it out of state but it is not like the package is leaving there care. This should not affect you by law.

Put it to you this way. If you are on greyhound you are not allowed to consume alcholic beverages. this includes you being on layover for 4 hours leaving the terminal going to a bar and buying a beer and coming back to the terminal. My mom worked for fedex and she said once a package is shipped where it goes to before its destination is out of the hands of the shipper, and reciever. as long as it does not leave that fedex facility to someone elses care you are clear.
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crepers86 For This Useful Post:

drezden (03-27-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    Technicaly your shipping it within the state you live. it is not you on that the package goes out of state before it comes back to your state. form 987 s nowhere street houston tx to 123 somewhere street Dallas TX. you still shipped to your state. Fedex is the ones that are taking it out of state but it is not like the package is leaving there care. This should not affect you by law.

Put it to you this way. If you are on greyhound you are not allowed to consume alcholic beverages. this includes you being on layover for 4 hours leaving the terminal going to a bar and buying a beer and coming back to the terminal. My mom worked for fedex and she said once a package is shipped where it goes to before its destination is out of the hands of the shipper, and reciever. as long as it does not leave that fedex facility to someone elses care you are clear.
    This is something I wouldn't test though.. If FedEx happened to get hit with a felony charge, or if they find out that there is a possibility of it now, they may stop shipping reptiles altogether. Many shippers only write the species name on the inside flap but not on the outside of the box. Some boxes ARE opened for inspection. I've seen threads elsewhere about this. Why risk it? Especially since now everyone is fully aware that the package will be leaving the state. It's been posted on the reptile report before I put it here which means every reptile owner on Facebook is now aware. Which also means that if you ship a burm even within your state, you are doing it knowing that it will cross state lines during the trip. You're still knowingly breaking the law.

----> Signature <----

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    They can have my BPs right after they take my guns...and that, my friends, will be an E-Ticket ride
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

ABWmorphs (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    These are good questions for SYR, hopefully they will see this thread and give some input.
    -Karl

0.1 Wild type Bp (Eve)
    1.0 Pastel Bp (Aeries)
    0.1 Russian Ratsnake (Vasilisa)
    0.0.1 Bairds Ratsnake (Romeo)

http://www.iherp.com/maixx

Thanks
    I sent Robyn a message on FB. Hopefully he can get us some more info on this.

----> Signature <----

Thanks
    Given the unusual and specific nature of this inquiry, I am going to get official confirmation on this. Should have it tomorrow : )

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

AGoldReptiles (03-26-2012),Foschi Exotic Serpents (03-26-2012),JLC (03-27-2012),jsmorphs2 (03-27-2012),Maixx (03-26-2012),MarkS (03-27-2012),Slim (03-27-2012),thedarkwolf25 (03-27-2012),zeion97 (03-26-2012)

Thanks
    My guess is that Fed-Ex will just not allow the shipping of those species. Just like they don't allow the shipping of venomous. They are going to protect themselves legally.
    Selective Buying + Selective Breeding = Select Results!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    Given the unusual and specific nature of this inquiry, I am going to get official confirmation on this. Should have it tomorrow : )
    Thanks Robyn. You're awesome!

----> Signature <----

Thanks

Re: Crap!! Even shipping IN state will end up crossing state lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    This is something I wouldn't test though.. If FedEx happened to get hit with a felony charge, or if they find out that there is a possibility of it now, they may stop shipping reptiles altogether. Many shippers only write the species name on the inside flap but not on the outside of the box. Some boxes ARE opened for inspection. I've seen threads elsewhere about this. Why risk it? Especially since now everyone is fully aware that the package will be leaving the state. It's been posted on the reptile report before I put it here which means every reptile owner on Facebook is now aware. Which also means that if you ship a burm even within your state, you are doing it knowing that it will cross state lines during the trip. You're still knowingly breaking the law.

----> Signature <----

Threads on a forum do not constitute knowledge. The fact still remains that you are mailing a package to be delivered intrastate. You are not willfully breaking a law. It will boil down to 2 problems. FedEx and others will simply stop accepting snakes for delivery or you run the risk of the package being inspected and the snakes being confiscated. Even if the package is inspected and the snakes are confiscated, personally I wouldnt worry about legal problems, just being out money or snakes.
    0.1 Pastel BP ( Guinevere )
    0.1 Bumblebee BP ( Isolde )

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast