Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

2 members and 3,302 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Sausage Butt and Soaking

Hey there all!

So...for those wondering, soaking your snake in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes seems to be a lovely cure for sausage butt. I've been under the impression that my BCI was prone to constipation since she doesn't poop all that regularly. Well, I took her out to check on her and take her outside for some sun when I noticed her tail was majorly puffy! So, I put some warm water in the bath tub and let her soak for maybe 15 minutes.

I let her slither through my hand a couple times and then took her out to dry off since nothing had come out yet. I figure she would go soon enough now that she got a little extra hydration. Well, I let her slither through the towel and as soon as she came out the other end I saw her lift her tail. I immediately dashed over to her tank (so she didn't go on the carpet), she rested her head on my shoulder, huffed/hissed and began to push, followed by the release of the biggest, foulest smelling deposit I have ever had the opportunity to smell (from a snake anyway).

Needless to say, she seems much happier now. I took it as encouragement for me to clean her home. Lol. Just thought I'd share.

- Nakita

Thanks

Re: Sausage Butt and Soaking

I love it when yall share stuff like this with use.
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crepers86 For This Useful Post:

WarriorPrincess90 (03-25-2012)

Thanks

Re: Sausage Butt and Soaking

Haha! My male frilled dragon did almost the same thing. Long story short he's recovering from a surgical impaction removal. I have to soak him often to keep him hydrated and watch for his poo like a hawk to make sure things are moving as they should.

I had soaked him, toweled him off then took him outside since it was a very, very warm day. He promptly lifted his tail and went on the patio. It's funny to get excited about this but in his case I do every time he goes since the surgery

Thanks
    I use this for my frillie too. XD He has a critter keeper that I use as a "bathtub" that he almost always goes in. It's much easier to dump the water in the toilet and flush than clean poop off of branches!
    1.0 Bumblebee (Edgar)
    0.1 100% Het albino (Edna)
    0.1 Normal/Dinker (Beatrice)
    1.0 NG Frilled Dragon (Frank)
    1.0 Patternless Leopard Gecko (Bruce)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ShockBunny For This Useful Post:

Juliemay13 (03-25-2012)