Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,310

2 members and 2,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: A Riddle

Thanks

Re: A Riddle

Lengthy but difficult and interesting...
    A certain king in a certain country portioned out an amount of gold to his goldsmith who was instructed to make goblets. 100 total. The goldsmith portioned the gold equally to each of his ten apprentices with the instructions they were to make ten goblets each. Each goblet was to be identical in every respect including the amount of material used.
    The plot: The king discovered one apprentice was shorting his goblets by one ounce of gold each, and pocketing the stolen gold himself. It so infuriated him that he set his goldsmith before him and gave him a set of scales with the instruction that he was to discover the culprit. However because the goldsmith had hired such a man, as punishment, he was only allowed to use the scale once. Get it wrong and he would loose his life. Get it right and he would be forgiven. I have told you all you need to know. How did the goldsmith discover the thief?
    Last edited by tonkatoyman; 03-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    To me this isnt a riddle because its pretty much made up crap lol. Ive heard it before though and still cant remember the silly solution lol
    your right Mike it is made up crap...hahahahaha
    1.0 Boxer (Boba…@bobatheboxer on IG)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Blaming the leader of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their leader."
    ~unknown~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    SUPPORT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Here's one I was actually asked in a job interview, because I couldn't get it right I will never forget the answer.

You are in a room with 3 light switches. In the room next to it there are three light bulbs. You can open the connecting door only once. How do you determine which light switch goes to which light bulb?
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatoyman View Post
    Lengthy but difficult and interesting...
    A certain king in a certain country portioned out an amount of gold to his goldsmith who was instructed to make goblets. 100 total. The goldsmith portioned the gold equally to each of his ten apprentices with the instructions they were to make ten goblets each. Each goblet was to be identical in every respect including the amount of material used.
    The plot: The king discovered one apprentice was shorting his goblets by one ounce of gold each, and pocketing the stolen gold himself. It so infuriated him that he set his goldsmith before him and gave him a set of scales with the instruction that he was to discover the culprit. However because the goldsmith had hired such a man, as punishment, he was only allowed to use the scale once. Get it wrong and he would loose his life. Get it right and he would be forgiven. I have told you all you need to know. How did the goldsmith discover the thief?
    Take a goblet from the first and then increase by one for each additional apprentice. Making 55 goblets on the scale. Since each should weigh a certain amount (say 10 ounces since it was not specified) the number of ounces below 550 will give you the culprit. It you have 549 ounces on the scale then the first one is the thief and so on.
    Dana
    www.scales-DFW.com
    1.0 Bumble Bee, 1.0 Clown, 1.0 Pied, 1.0 Het Pied, 1.0 Vanilla ,1.0 Het Caramel Albino
    1.1 Fire, 1.1 Lesser, 0.1 Caramel Albino, 0.1 Albino, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.2 Normal, 0.1 PH Pied
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied, 0.1 Pastel, 1.0 Green Tree Python, 1.0 Pueblan Milk Snake; 1.2 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    Here's one I was actually asked in a job interview, because I couldn't get it right I will never forget the answer.

You are in a room with 3 light switches. In the room next to it there are three light bulbs. You can open the connecting door only once. How do you determine which light switch goes to which light bulb?
    You open the door and leave it open or hold it open. And look at which lights go on when you flip each switch
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    You open the door and leave it open or hold it open. And look at which lights go on when you flip each switch
    Sounds good to me, but I bet the switches aren't near the door.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wwmjkd View Post
    this is probably none too clever given that the membership here is more likely than not very familiar with the source material, but I enjoy this kind of thread:

"this thing all things devours; birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    bites iron and gnaws steel, and grinds hard stone to meal;
    slays kings and ruins towns, and beats high mountains down"
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    wind?
    also in the neighborhood, but no.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wwmjkd View Post
    also in the neighborhood, but no.
    death
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Time is the answer
    Dana
    www.scales-DFW.com
    1.0 Bumble Bee, 1.0 Clown, 1.0 Pied, 1.0 Het Pied, 1.0 Vanilla ,1.0 Het Caramel Albino
    1.1 Fire, 1.1 Lesser, 0.1 Caramel Albino, 0.1 Albino, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.2 Normal, 0.1 PH Pied
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied, 0.1 Pastel, 1.0 Green Tree Python, 1.0 Pueblan Milk Snake; 1.2 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDooLittle View Post
    Sounds good to me, but I bet the switches aren't near the door.
    Well if that isnt the answer then you turn on 1 light but dont use the door. Then turn it off. Then turn on a 2nd light and go into the room. The light that is warm was the 1st one and the 2nd one is on and the third one is cold. I dont think thats the answer though bc that wouldnt work if you cant reach the lights or if theyre fluorescent which dont make alot of heat. I think my 1st one was right... Just leave the door open.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast