Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,446

2 members and 3,444 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Never Separate a colony ever. Chances are if you reintroduce that female later on she will be beaten up to death.

Most female ASF usually neglect their first litter and litters after that are taken care of so long they have food and water.

Thanks
    Ive hand feed 2 pinky asf, and my only advice is. Dont do it!
    Way to much work. And you will never be able to feed them off. I allmost cried when my male asf killed them. His nick name was satan, and he lived up to the name every chance he got.
    Just keep them like normal and they will figure it out
    Good luck.

Thanks
    I know this is super late... However, next time (if you need to take care of baby mice), with pinkies, use a drop dripper, and slowly try and get them to drink a few drops. Don't get any in their nose.

You can use powder kitten formula, or powder puppy formula... I believe we did it 1 part formula, 6 parts water. Anyway, use the dripper and feed them every two hours at the latest. Two hours is a long time for the little ones.

Make sure that they're in a small container, with some cloth on the bottom and small bottles filled with warm water to keep them warm. Don't let it get too warm, or they get all damp, and then they can get sick. We used this to keep the heat up... If you have another method that works well, do that instead. xD It's a lot of work!

From there, use a Q-tip and try to rub their bums to encourage them to use the bathroom. From there, it's 2 hour alarms.

It's what I was told to do by someone who had success doing it. We, unfortunately, lost all six mice, but someone came to our store with them in a shoebox, saying that he found them rejected in the wild. So we really tried to help them. The odds were against them though, we don't know how long they were alone and cold before we got them.

It's a LOT of work if you choose to do it. Understandable why you wouldn't.

Don't know if it'd work with ASFs either. Maybe?
    Last edited by Khay; 04-09-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    ~ Sasha,
    Asker of obvious questions!

0.1 Cat -- Raz
    1.0 ??? Carpet Python -- 'Les'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12