Anyone in PA go to Dr. Steed etc at Manheim Pike Animal Hospital? http://www.familyvet.net/ <- the website, in case the name is unfamiliar. They're sadly the only non-emergency herp vet that I've found within an hour's drive from my place and he's got some sketchy reviews. Unfortunately the vet I go to for my cat isn't experienced with reptiles and is only able to give me general advice, and the other one here who does snakes works only in the ER clinic. While it's nice that my city finally has an ER vet that knows his stuff with snakes, this doesn't really leave me too many options in case something non-emergency should happen.

I'm just wondering if any fellow Pennsylvanians have heard of him or have anything to say, good or bad, about the guy before I would subject my boy to unneeded stress at the hands of someone who isn't the greatest. Sketchy reviews make me nervous about taking my business there, not for the sake of my wallet as his prices are certainly cheaper than what I pay for the cat and her medical nonsense, but for the quality of care towards the animals.

For background, I live in the middle of Amishville (no, seriously, there are buggies and horse poop everywhere). Vets here mostly do dogs, cats, and livestock. There's a grand total of two (this guy and another) that'll do birds, I've found one (this guy) for "reptiles" but no specific species, and, from what I've seen, only this guy will do small mammals as well. Yea, my city sucks for exotics, but at least PA doesn't like outright bans right?