Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

1 members and 3,282 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: My Trinity passed on...not sure

Like everyone else has said, no way to know what she died from. Could have been husbandry issues caught up with her. Generally when a bp stops eating it is husbandry related. (Although they can stop for no apparent reason, and during breeding season) I am sorry for your loss. If you get another bp, do your research here, there is much better information her than you can get from a pet store or book. Like Lgray said, throw that hot rock away! Read through the care sheet here, check out threads of other peoples set ups. Be prepared, and get a healthy snake, from a reputable breeder, and you will probably have better luck. Look into things like flexwatt and a thermostat to control temps, an accurite thermometer to monitor temps and humidity. Reptile Basics should have alot of what you need. Also his black hides are the best. You should have 2 hides, one on hot side, one on cold side. Good luck in the future.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DooLittle For This Useful Post:

Christa (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Sounds like you have almost everything right. Bps dont need light and the heat lamps lower the humidity of the tank alot. You wanna make sure theres 2 hides, one on the hot side and cold side. If youre using a 4 ft tank i suggest adding even more hides and some fake plants or crumbled up newspaper to make her feel secure. A 4ft tank is huge for a baby ball. The only other thing you need is a thermostat. This is a must bc the uth could overheat and burn your bp. I would reccomend investing in a good quality one from the beginning: Herpstat, Helix, and Vivarium Electronics are the top 3 most popular and quality ones. Worry about getting all this setup and purchased before getting another snake. In the meantime you may see a cool morph that you like and choose to get one of them, instead of rushing and getting another normal. Theres nothing wrong with normals but there are many reasonably priced morphs that are very cool. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have in the varoius threads here...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Christa (03-10-2012)

Thanks

Wink Re: My Trinity passed on...not sure

thanks everyone I appreciate all the help and care you have shown...Mike, she was 13 years old and 4 feet long...not a baby...that is why this is so disturbing...we were the 3rd owner...I am taking her death very personally...so again, I am not sure why she died...I am thinking because of cold...we took the UV light out last week and there are no heat lamps...
    but thanks again for the help and yes, LGray, I am def getting another one...I love the sssssnakes...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christa View Post
    thanks everyone I appreciate all the help and care you have shown...Mike, she was 13 years old and 4 feet long...not a baby...that is why this is so disturbing...we were the 3rd owner...I am taking her death very personally...so again, I am not sure why she died...I am thinking because of cold...we took the UV light out last week and there are no heat lamps...
    but thanks again for the help and yes, LGray, I am def getting another one...I love the sssssnakes...
    Don't take it so personally, snake's don't really die overnight from just not having any lamps. This is probably something that she's been struggling with since long before you. They can only go through so much neglect before they die from it, I think she just happened to be in your possession when she passed
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    Don't take it so personally, snake's don't really die overnight from just not having any lamps. This is probably something that she's been struggling with since long before you. They can only go through so much neglect before they die from it, I think she just happened to be in your possession when she passed
    x2 I didnt realize that she wasnt a baby...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

I want to thank everyone that posted...I do feel better about her death...not in any way happy about it....I will take everyone's advice and will read everything I can and get the house set up again for a new snake...she will lie in our pet cemetary under the fruit trees....along with a couple dogs and 3 ferrets!
    Thanks again...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christa View Post
    I want to thank everyone that posted...I do feel better about her death...not in any way happy about it....I will take everyone's advice and will read everything I can and get the house set up again for a new snake...she will lie in our pet cemetary under the fruit trees....along with a couple dogs and 3 ferrets!
    Thanks again...
    Glad to hear that, like i said feel free to ask ANY questions...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12