Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,240

2 members and 3,238 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks

A little Venting over selling Snakes!!

Maybe its just me and because I am fairly new (1-2 years in ) to selling offspring / other snakes but I get really annoyed when you go out of you way to email someone an updated picture or take a new picture etc and them throw some ridiculous price at you or some bizarre trade like I was selling a female lesser from 11 and someone offered me a Pair of Normal breeders. Or I have someone local who I have sold to before and he text me asking me if I have anything for sale and asks me to take a picture for him and he goes on and on and on and I dont hear from him again for another month or so and he asked me the same question. Or Ive put up on fauna and here Im trying to fund another project and am putting my 11 Lemonblast female for sale and I write, make me and offer, and someone says $300 shipped. C'MON now i know I set myself up a little for it but come on now thats just insulting. I am just frustrated because another guy on fauna has been beating around the bush with me with the lemonblast and finally sends me a message today saying he isnt interested anymore because he doesnt like getting a snake directly from the person that produced it. Thats fine if he feels that way but he knew that I didnt produce her from the VERY FIRST MESSAGE !!!!
    Ok im done Im not even going to proof read this so if a sentence if a little jumbled I apologize but I feel much better now getting this out !!!!!!!!
    7.5 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1 Cats
    0.1 Chocolate Lab
    1.0 Lab/Pit Mix
    0.1 Wife (LOL)
    1.0 Kids

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Re: A little Venting over selling Snakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by PolishPython View Post
    finally sends me a message today saying he isnt interested anymore because he doesnt like getting a snake directly from the person that produced it.

Did he know you produced it when he got interested in the first place? So what this guy is saying is he only feels comfortable buying snakes from flippers? Sounds like you've run into a real string of winners lately...
    Last edited by Slim; 03-06-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Thats fine if he feels that way but he knew that I didnt produce her from the VERY FIRST MESSAGE !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Did he know you produced it when he got interested in the first place? So what this guy is saying is he only feels comfortable buying snakes from flippers? Sounds like you've run into a real string of winners lately...
    I think it was a typo that the guy didn't want to buy from someone that didn't produce it, and knew that from the start.

I feel your pain, but unfortunately that seems to be what happens when you have to deal with people (might be why I prefer my snakes sometimes). I had someone try to get me to sell him a normal...for $25 shipped. Among other stories...
    Last edited by Annarose15; 03-06-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

Or Ive put up on fauna and here Im trying to fund another project and am putting my 11 Lemonblast female for sale and I write, make me and offer, and someone says $300 shipped. C'MON now i know I set myself up a little for it but come on now thats just insulting.

You may want to consider listing a price along with "OBO" rather then asking for offers. When I see no price and "offers accepted" in an add, it says to me that the seller has no idea what the value of their animal is and you have to expect very low ballers. I don't even respond to ads without prices.

Slim, I think that was a typo and the OP meant he didn't produce the snake and the buyer only wanted to buy direct from the breeder.

Thats fine if he feels that way but he knew that I didnt produce her from the VERY FIRST MESSAGE !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Roger Dodger on the typo. Makes much more sense now
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Low offers will always happen better get used to it , I cannot tell you how many time I have said "Thanks but I will have to pass"

Sometimes you do get strange trade offers as well last year I was offer a trade for some animals I had available.

2011 female VPI black back ball python - iPod - knifes -blow gun - signed packers helmet - signed broncos helmet - camera - ps3 call of duty account - dc brand back pack - skull candy headphones - Shark jaw with teeth.

I can combined things to even out the deal if needed.
    What can you say when you get offered a Shark jaw with teeth

Just remember it's really no biggy stay professional and decline the offer.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Man a shark jaw!.....wait what with teeth!? Deal! Lol
    Last edited by Rob; 03-06-2012 at 05:53 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I get this on a daily basis, a customer wants pics, I send few of the animal then they want hundred more of this angle and that angle.

Its gonna get to the point that I will charge $5 Per picture which will go towards the animals purchase price if you decide to get em. If not then youll think twice about asking for unlimited pictures which takes up time, for you to then turn away and be done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Low offers will always happen better get used to it , I cannot tell you how many time I have said "Thanks but I will have to pass"

Sometimes you do get strange trade offers as well last year I was offer a trade for some animals I had available.

What can you say when you get offered a Shark jaw with teeth

Just remember it's really no biggy stay professional and decline the offer.
    Hah! That's a weird list of trade items. Sounds like a frat boy garage sale.
    I'm running some ads for my cresties and last week I had someone wanting to trade me a chinchilla and another person wanted to trade a car stereo. O_o

Thanks
    I know the feeeling I had a guy only willing ot trade a 2011 bee male but he wants both my proven visible albino male and the proven het albino female ( which came from 8 ball pythons ) these guys are like 09 and 07 ( female) I priced them in trade about 500 each and the guy like they not worth that much but he wants both for a 400 buck snake at most ( cause he got a killer bee to replace his 2011 bee. I think I going to just adopt out any possible hets ( or even 100%) out as normals any more or find a whole seller for them.
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast