Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,601

2 members and 2,599 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    You should post some pictures of the rack and leos when you get everyone set up.
    Under Construction.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_Bunny For This Useful Post:

Taxiballbreeder (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    I've spoken to breeders and the general consensus is, breeding tubs are 28qt with 3-4 geckos per tub. For adults a 15qt tub is perfect for housing individually. I actually just ordered a v-18 rack for my Leos, can't wait for it to arrive.
    1.2 Normal Ball Pythons
    1.1 Pastel Ball Pythons
    0.1 Mojave Ball Python
    1.0 Cinnamon Spinner Ball Python
    0.1 Firefly
    0.1 Cinnabee
    0.1 het Russo
    0.1 Champagne het Russo
    0.1 Sugar

2.2 Leopard Geckos
    1.0 Bearded Dragon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to notmyfault For This Useful Post:

Registered User Taxiballbreeder's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question on racks for leo's.......

The way it is going, me too. I started posting a little while back and I have got more info here than any other site. Seems like the other sites if your new they don't even bother to respond. It's like if your not in the click your not in. Not so- here.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    You should post some pictures of the rack and leos when you get everyone set up.
    Will do. If I can figure out how to post pic. and video. LOL. I'm tring though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notmyfault View Post
    I've spoken to breeders and the general consensus is, breeding tubs are 28qt with 3-4 geckos per tub. For adults a 15qt tub is perfect for housing individually. I actually just ordered a v-18 rack for my Leos, can't wait for it to arrive.
    Ya those visions are sweet. and I do have some pvc racks for my ball pythons. But the cost of buying them is getting costly when you are buying alot to get a decent collection going. I am pretty handy when it comes to building though and I have a great idea for racks to be built soon. Got a great idea from you tube. just have to get the meterials together soon. These are going to be racks for my adult ball pythons and also for a hatchling rack.

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taxiballbreeder View Post
    Ya those visions are sweet. and I do have some pvc racks for my ball pythons. But the cost of buying them is getting costly when you are buying alot to get a decent collection going. I am pretty handy when it comes to building though and I have a great idea for racks to be built soon. Got a great idea from you tube. just have to get the meterials together soon. These are going to be racks for my adult ball pythons and also for a hatchling rack.
    I have nothing against professional racks, but I cannot justify spending that much money on something I can create myself with the exact specifications that I need. I don't have a heated room so I require at least two different sections of flexwatt, most places don't even offer that. If they did, it even MORE costly for me. I tell anyone with a power drill to do it them self considering Home Depot and Lowes will cut all of your sheets usually for free. After the pieces are cut, all you need is to screw them together and tape on the flexwatt, easy.

Although I love the leos and I currently have a little female, I plan on keeping and breeding fat tails. Leos are quite the species, but there is this "must have" thing with the fat tails, I can't explain why. Either way there is much more information about leos than AFTs that is pretty easily transferred.

I know what you mean about the "clicks" on other forums, I personally don't understand it. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of other forums out there, but there isn't the community like BP.net has.

I as well would love to see some pics when you get going!
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EverEvolvingExotics For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eel588 View Post
    I have nothing against professional racks, but I cannot justify spending that much money on something I can create myself with the exact specifications that I need. I don't have a heated room so I require at least two different sections of flexwatt, most places don't even offer that. If they did, it even MORE costly for me. I tell anyone with a power drill to do it them self considering Home Depot and Lowes will cut all of your sheets usually for free. After the pieces are cut, all you need is to screw them together and tape on the flexwatt, easy.

Although I love the leos and I currently have a little female, I plan on keeping and breeding fat tails. Leos are quite the species, but there is this "must have" thing with the fat tails, I can't explain why. Either way there is much more information about leos than AFTs that is pretty easily transferred.

I know what you mean about the "clicks" on other forums, I personally don't understand it. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of other forums out there, but there isn't the community like BP.net has.

I as well would love to see some pics when you get going!
    Will try, I have to do some more research on putting pics up i'm sure someone has a thread on here some place. And to tell you the truth I may just forget about any other sites out there, Really who needs them when we got BP.NET!!!!!!

BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just upload everything directly to photobucket. It's as easy as copying the IMG code directly to your new thread and it shows up perfectly for all to see. Try it, it's free and easy!
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EverEvolvingExotics For This Useful Post:

Taxiballbreeder (03-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notmyfault View Post
    For adults a 15qt tub is perfect for housing individually.
    I believe this is true, I just can't see how all the hides (cold, hot, humid) and food/water/calcium bowls fit. I'd like to know, I can fit that many more geckos on my rack.
    Last edited by adamsky27; 03-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adamsky27 For This Useful Post:

Taxiballbreeder (03-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eel588 View Post
    I just upload everything directly to photobucket. It's as easy as copying the IMG code directly to your new thread and it shows up perfectly for all to see. Try it, it's free and easy!
    Well did a bit of research and was able to load pix. to member's gallery. I assume all I have to do is cut and paste to a thread... I will try soon. Maybe a trial run with a new post on pix. of my room. Thanks alot. I do have photobucket but if I can load them from here it may be easier.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast