Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,433

3 members and 3,430 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new

Thanks
    i woke up last night and i saw these little guy enjoy, see how cute they look~!!

Thanks

new

Rat or mice? I have 22 of them (mice pinkies), and another litter on the way. R U raising them for food or pets?

Thanks

Price of feeders

mices pickies and for food i don't want to keep buying them

Thanks

Havin FUn!

oh no they all gone i think the mother ate them this is the sads moment ~!!

Thanks
    The mother probably ate them cause she felt that it was not safe for them, maybe something was wrong with them, or the most common thing I have seen with mice and rats, she is a rogue, and usually when they eat thier babies once, they WILL eat any other litter they will have after that. So, you got a decision to make, either try and breed her again and see if it happens again, or feed her off to your snake/snakes and get another female to breed with. Also, I reccommend if you are breeding to get feeders, you should have a breeding group of 1 male to at least 2 females minimum, but 3 is great. And dont keep around any rogues, for some reason, they can get your other females doing that... hope this helps.

Thanks
    yes this does help thank but i have 2 females and a male but the male was eaten live after they mated but i also have another female who is almost having her's but she is becoming fat ~!

Thanks

you english paper

He was most likely eaten because the female was very dominant. And she did not like him really.

Thanks
    yeah but y do they do that that's wierd but i guess that is life of being a mice , but i'll start to breed rats when my bp's get a bit bigger then i'll feed them rats ~! so what u peeps think ?? or should i just start right away???

Thanks
    Some female mice are just very territorial, same with rats. And they will also eat the others if they feel threatened by the others. It happens alot, really it is common. I have seen mice do this alot. Rats are not as bad, they will fight to the death , but it happens alot less with them. All you can do is choose not to breed that one anymore, or make sure you separate it right away from the others. They do have personality conflicts like us. As far as breeding rats, that is up to you. It has been said that rats are supposeadly better for your snakes, they have more calcium and they make the snake grow faster when being fed rats. I have had snakes for a long time, and to be honest, I have not seen much of a difference between a snake fed mice or rats. Unless ofcourse, you are power feeding, and you still will get the same result no matter what it is you are feeding your snake. The rule of thumb in feeding any snake, only feed it prey as big around as the thickest part of its body. So, really I think it is personal preference on this one. And I know that there are others out there who will disagree with what I have said... so, once again, I state THIS IS PERSONAL PREFERENCE. I have over 14 years of experience with different kinds of snakes, but I am in no way an expert, what I know is based on personal experience. And trying different things with my snakes to see what works.

Banned
    Thanks

BP Of The Month

I bred mice once, more or less on accident. I had a few left over from feedings and I had a spare 20 gallon for them. I started off with a nice male, then a white female. Soon enough I had babies. The mother decided she hated two and tossed them in the water dish I'd had, I got a dripper after that.....So two dead, and the rest grew up to be fuzzies. My sisters loved them, but Monty needed the 20 gallon for a while. Down the hatch they all went, and into the 20 Monty went. The white female was a real jerk and I didn't mind it being killed so much, but the male was kinda cool.

I was so ecited to find pinkies. The female had been really fat and one day while walking by the tank I heard chirping, I checked and had like 8. That was cool. I'd be interested in keeping more as pets, not food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast