Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,411

0 members and 2,411 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

adjusting to new cages

Hey everyone. So I recently moved Hades from a 10 gallon tank to a 20 gallon long. he went from being in my room to into my living room, where there is still very little traffic. I knew that he would take time to adjust to the new space, but its been about two weeks and he still seems super skittish about everything, even me, who he used to never worry about. I had gotten him all new stuff, including a really cool log hide, that while its a little big, he still seemed to be okay with.

He recently shed, and i threw his old log hide in on the cold side to give him more things to rub against. and ever since its been back in there he has been hiding under it constantly (its from when i first got him and the only way he fits under it is by having it sit on top of him).

So my questions are 1.) how long should it take for him to adjust to his new space? and 2.) should I be worried about him staying on the cold side because his favored hide is on that side?

Thanks
    He should have 2 identical hides. 1 on cool and 1 on the warm side. Log hides are not ideal for them since they are open on both sides.

Are his temps and humidity correct in the new cage? I know its much easier to maintain the correct temps and humidity in a 10gallon vs. 20L tank.

Thanks
    yes all of his temps are correct. and actually i've had a lot easier of a time maintaining humidity in the 20l. I guess i will just go gets some rock hides then.