Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,517

3 members and 3,514 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

View Poll Results: which is more valuable NOW?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1000 grab het pied FEMALE

10 25.64%
  • baby PASTEL het CLOWN FEMALE

29 74.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

1K gram het pied female or baby pastel het clown female?

If they are priced around the same, which would you grab?
    (both under 1k)

thanks =]

edit: Also a good excuse to try to make a poll for the first time
    Last edited by h00blah; 02-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Re: 1K gram het pied female or baby pastel het clown female?

Pastel Het Clown for sure!
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemmBalls For This Useful Post:

h00blah (02-21-2012)

Thanks
    Het pied. You can breed sooner. Plus everyone is working with clown combos right now so you cant gauge the futures market on todays prices. You will be 3 years from breeding the baby. Even if you can get her breeding in 2 thats still 2 years. Thats a long time out.
    [IMG][/IMG]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snake lab For This Useful Post:

h00blah (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snake lab View Post
    Het pied. You can breed sooner. Plus everyone is working with clown combos right now so you cant gauge the futures market on todays prices. You will be 3 years from breeding the baby. Even if you can get her breeding in 2 thats still 2 years. Thats a long time out.
    This is why it seems like a tough decision... There's tons of pastel clowns out there, and pastel het clown females are going for the same price as a visual female clown lol. This pastel het clown is priced a little over half of that... And she's freakn SWEET looking! T.T....
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I'm assuming they are coming for a reputable breeder so you are sure they are 100% hets. The het pied female will be ready to breed sooner than the pastel het clown but which do you want to work with? Which project excites you more, the prospect of hatching a pastel clown or hatching a pied? Do you have a male het/visual for either of them? Prices do constantly shift, but if you are only breeding for money then to me personally you are breeding for the wrong reasons. I got my leos because I thought I wanted to work with them, but they don't excite me as much as my cresties or my ball pythons so they are more of a pain than anything else. You have to enjoy what you are working with or you may become bored with it. Get which ever one you will enjoy working with more regardless of where you think the market will be in a few years.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks

Go for what you want, not for what every one might be doing. There are just as many working on pied combos out there as clown combos probably.
    If I had to make that decision between the two it would be the pastel het clown for me, nevermid if the het pied can breed sooner, the pastel het clown would go better with my personal goals.
    0.1 GHI Mojave
    0.1 Super special h scaleless
    0.1 Desert ghost
    1.0 WC Dinker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I'm assuming they are coming for a reputable breeder so you are sure they are 100% hets. The het pied female will be ready to breed sooner than the pastel het clown but which do you want to work with? Which project excites you more, the prospect of hatching a pastel clown or hatching a pied? Do you have a male het/visual for either of them? Prices do constantly shift, but if you are only breeding for money then to me personally you are breeding for the wrong reasons. I got my leos because I thought I wanted to work with them, but they don't excite me as much as my cresties or my ball pythons so they are more of a pain than anything else. You have to enjoy what you are working with or you may become bored with it. Get which ever one you will enjoy working with more regardless of where you think the market will be in a few years.
    whoa whoa whoa o_O
    Please don't make assumptions about people unless you get an answer to your questions first! Geez! Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt? lol

I love clowns and I really want to work with clowns more than pieds... I want to start breeding BPs because I want to produce something NEW, AS WELL AS my favorite morphs...

I'm not a big fan of pieds, but I'm a huge fan of enchi stuff... The enchi pied is sweet, and I hope to have/produce one of those in my future!

My goals and motives both fail to mention "because i want to make a quick thousand bucks on a morph" ....

ALSO, If I go the het pied route, every pied I produce by the time you do will probably be about 600ea. Every pastel clown I produce will still be probably a few thousand.... The pastel het clown will also be worth more when she gets to be the same age as the het pied female... So if I was in this for the money, then the obvious route would be to go for the pastel het clown... But it's not.. -_-... i hate it when people make assumptions... especially one of the most negative assumption you can accuse someone of in this hobby.. mama didn't raise me to be greedy
    Last edited by h00blah; 02-21-2012 at 02:08 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'd go with the 2 gene female over the 1 gene.

The Het female won't be able to produce anything better than her dad. The Pastel Het will be able to produce better than dad in all but one situation (breeding her to a super pastel clown). Even in that one situation she is a decent shot (1 in 4) of reproducing dad.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JayCee For This Useful Post:

python_addict (02-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    whoa whoa whoa o_O
    Please don't make assumptions about people unless you get an answer to your questions first! Geez! Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt? lol

I love clowns and I really want to work with clowns more than pieds... I want to start breeding BPs because I want to produce something NEW, AS WELL AS my favorite morphs...

I'm not a big fan of pieds, but I'm a huge fan of enchi stuff... The enchi pied is sweet, and I hope to have/produce one of those in my future!

My goals and motives both fail to mention "because i want to make a quick thousand bucks on a morph" ....
    Maybe I came off a bit strong, but I was only trying to stress a point that you need to enjoy what you are working with. I was also countering Snake Lab's argument of getting the het pied because you can breed it sooner.

Please try to read what people write with an open mind and don't assume people are trying to attack you. Some of us come off a little stronger than other.

It sounds like you enjoy the clowns more, so that should give you your answer. With pieds, if you want to produce an enchi pied in the future you would be better off getting a visual female or an enchi het pied female instead of just a het pied female.

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    ALSO, If I go the het pied route, every pied I produce by the time you do will probably be about 600ea. Every pastel clown I produce will still be probably a few thousand.... The pastel het clown will also be worth more when she gets to be the same age as the het pied female... So if I was in this for the money, then the obvious route would be to go for the pastel het clown... But it's not.. -_-... i hate it when people make assumptions... especially one of the most negative assumption you can accuse someone of in this hobby.. mama didn't raise me to be greedy
    I don't believe I made an assumption or an accusation and if that is the way you read it, I am sorry. I even went on to say how leos were a bad choice for me because they don't excite me like my other projects. I used my personal experience to try to explain why it's important that you enjoy what you are working with.
    Last edited by Kinra; 02-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kinra For This Useful Post:

h00blah (02-21-2012),ReptilesK2 (02-21-2012)

Thanks
    It sound's like your leaning toward the pastel het clown? For me, I would choose the pastel het clown. I just picked up 1.1 pastel het clown's from fred kick (nice guy. great quality bp's). I'm hoping to produce killer clown's,pastel clown's and am seriously thinking about picking up a lesser het clown from (rdr). I was going to buy a pastel clown and a pastel het clown but I changed my mind from spending so much money on the one bp. Figured, the cheaper way will give me more option's.
    Do what you want. But, if your willing to spend the time raising a female or breeding a established female? Then make it worth the effort! For me, I'm not focused on what I can get for a KC? I just want the satisfaction of being able to produce a sweet morph that is rarely seen available? If, I can't sell my KC,King clown or King clown pastel's? I would be totally fine in keeping them for myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast