Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,464

3 members and 3,461 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: The latest two

Thanks

The latest two

This little bugger turned out to be male.

And here's a shot of the new girl, who I bought as a female. That's the container I brought her home from the swap in.

These guys were produced by the same person, he's at Lee Watson's swap.

These two have not been named yet. The new girl is comparable to Swami's size, so once new girl comes out of quarentine, they will be living together. It's not that I believe she is unhealthy or anything like that, I'm just keeping things on the safe side.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Re: The latest two

congrats looking good, i loves stripes!

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

Congrats! And I think it's great that you're quarantining. My most recent gecko that I didn't hatch myself has been in quarantine for nearly a month and a half now, and I expect to end it at about 60-70 days since she seems to be doing quite well. Since crested gecko disease appeared, i think it's only prudent to observe at least 30 days of quarantine.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

great looking new cresteds. so i guess this means you decided to move forward with the crested keeping? i know at one point you thought you might not get any more. quarantining is still a good idea with these guys as marla pointed out because of the crested gecko disease. no reason to risk the health of the geckos you already have. congrats!
    - Emily

Thanks

Well, if these two kick the bucket, I'm going to be really upset and I may get out of crested keeping completely.

I think about getting rid of them, and then they give me "Look at me, look at me, I'm unbearably cute, you can't get rid of me" look. Plus, I don't think I could bring myself to abandon this breeding project before I got it started.

At the moment, I want 1 male, and then just 2 or 3 females that I can set up in a nice naturalistic setup. I don't know what I'm going to do with the top little guy. He's so good looking. I can't give up dreki though.

Also, I know my free time is limited due to school, and once I grad, free time will open up, and it won't seem like quite as much of a chore to clean and feed everybody (those who need to be fed, and the geckos get fed every day) every day.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.

Thanks

Maybe you could swap the top guy with someone for a female?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    great looking new cresteds. so i guess this means you decided to move forward with the crested keeping? i know at one point you thought you might not get any more.
    I decided to wait for 3 months to be absolutely sure nothing was going to happen to Swami and Dreki. I think about the week before I bought the male I had realized it had been 3 months and I could go hunting for more. I wanted another female or two so I could go for the naturalistic setup. I feel silly setting everything up just for one crested gecko to live in all the time. I have to buy another plant though, I think I waited too long to transfer the ficus plant to a bigger container.

I'll be keeping the little guy for a while. I may pair him up with Swami someday and see what I get. He has a lot of interesting things going on in his genetics anyway.

Somehow, I ended up with a bunch of orange crested geckos and one yellow crested. I should get ahold of a crested gecko from dragon's den, he has the best red cresties I've ever seen..and I think he's got some nice orange's as well.

Thanks

Dragon's Den does have some nice reds, as do Sundial frequently.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

i will hopefully get some nice reds from miney and moe. miney came from dragon's den. once we all get some babies a swap is definitely in order.
    - Emily