Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,368

2 members and 3,366 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Basic Ball python morphs and their approximate prices?

Hey guys I'm just curious, I've looked everywhere on the Internet and can't seem to find it, but does anybody out there know the approximate prices for the basic BP morphs? (nothing crazy, just like spiders, pastels, and other ones you can think of) I know different breeders have different prices, but does anybody have just a ball-park estimate? Just wondering

Thanks,
    Jake

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    They change every year and prices vary based on quality, size and sex

I'll give you prices for hatchlings

Spider
    - male $125-$150
    - Female $175-$250
    Pastel
    -male $75
    -female $175-$250

Check out these websites, their prices are typical

http://pythonregius.com/basemorphs.aspx

http://www.jkobylkareptiles.com/index.php
    Last edited by The Serpent Merchant; 02-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks
    It really depends on a number of key factors in determining the price of a particular animal

For instance: I can pick up a 2011 Female Mojave at 300+ grams for about $250-$300 before shipping but if I wanted a similar snake: 0.1 2009 proven breeder 2000+ she would easily break the $1000 mark.

It really depends and since everything changes so frequently anyway, there is no set price. If you are trying to determine the value of a particular snake, you should look at the following:

Weight: the bigger the more expensive (unless it's young and fat; good thing to keep in mind)

Age: the older the more expensive (generally; once they've gotten to a certain age, I think their value depreciates unless they are a STRONG breeder)

Overall quality: A very bright pastel is going to sell for a little more than the pastel that is going to brown out when it gets older. Things to look for here are interesting pattern qualities and overall good representation of the morph

Sex: Females always go for more than males do (if they are the same weight, age, quality, etc)

Market: Take a look at as many ads as you can concerning the animal that you want to sell and look very closely at the above mentioned things and compare your animal to others. This can help immensely in determining the quality of your animal or someone else's because it allows you to come up with an average price for a particular morph.

Rarity: If the market is saturated, your snake is going to be cheaper; if there are only a handful being sold, you can bet you'll get a really high price for it.

UGH..so much typing! I hope that helped a bit.
    Last edited by HighVoltageRoyals; 02-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HighVoltageRoyals For This Useful Post:

Trackstrong83 (02-16-2012)

Thanks

Re: Basic Ball python morphs and their approximate prices?

Go to Fauna and Kingsnake. It shouldn't take you too long to find these morphs with pricing. It really depends the seller and how they price/value their animals.
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageRoyals View Post
    It really depends on a number of key factors in determining the price of a particular animal

For instance: I can pick up a 2011 Female Mojave at 300+ grams for about $250-$300 before shipping but if I wanted a similar snake: 0.1 2009 proven breeder 2000+ she would easily break the $1000 mark.

It really depends and since everything changes so frequently anyway, there is no set price. If you are trying to determine the value of a particular snake, you should look at the following:

Weight: the bigger the more expensive (unless it's young and fat; good thing to keep in mind)

Age: the older the more expensive (generally; once they've gotten to a certain age, I think their value depreciates unless they are a STRONG breeder)

Overall quality: A very bright pastel is going to sell for a little more than the pastel that is going to brown out when it gets older. Things to look for here are interesting pattern qualities and overall good representation of the morph

Sex: Females always go for more than males do (if they are the same weight, age, quality, etc)

Market: Take a look at as many ads as you can concerning the animal that you want to sell and look very closely at the above mentioned things and compare your animal to others. This can help immensely in determining the quality of your animal or someone else's because it allows you to come up with an average price for a particular morph.

Rarity: If the market is saturated, your snake is going to be cheaper; if there are only a handful being sold, you can bet you'll get a really high price for it.

hi , what do u mean by "unless its young and fat , good thing to keep in mind" ? I m just curious , as i'm thinking of picking up a 2nd Bp , but a very young one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageRoyals View Post

Sex: Females always go for more than males do (if they are the same weight, age, quality, etc) Market: Take a look at as many ads as you can concerning the animal that you want to sell and look very closely at the above mentioned things and compare your animal to others. This can help immensely in determining the quality of your animal or someone else's because it allows you to come up with an average price for a particular morph.

Weight: Bigger is always more. Regardless of age. Ball python pricing is based on weight, sex and morph.
    Age: No factor on the price of the snake, besides that of weight due to age. By that I only mean that a snakes value does not depreciate with age. An old breeder is worth as much as a young breeder.
    Sex: This is not true. Recessive females are worth more than the males. Co-dom males are worth more than females. Based on same morph and size of course. Bigger fatter females of breeding size will always be worth more than a hatchling male.

The best place to get an idea of ball python pricing is to look on FaunaClassifieds.com and KingSnake.com and average what you find. It's not the best idea to go to someones page because some breeders charge more, or at least advertise higher prices, than what others do. Some websites are not updated and may show overly outdated prices.
    Last edited by TessadasExotics; 12-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    Weight: Bigger is always more. Regardless of age. Ball python pricing is based on weight, sex and morph.
    Age: No factor on the price of the snake, besides that of weight due to age. By that I only mean that a snakes value does not depreciate with age. An old breeder is worth as much as a young breeder.
    Sex: This is not true. Recessive females are worth more than the males. Co-dom males are worth more than females. Based on same morph and size of course. Bigger fatter females of breeding size will always be worth more than a hatchling male.

The best place to get an idea of ball python pricing is to look on FaunaClassifieds.com and KingSnake.com and average what you find. It's not the best idea to go to someones page because some breeders charge more, or at least advertise higher prices, than what others do. Some websites are not updated and may show overly outdated prices.
    okok i get what u mean . thanks !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TessadasExotics View Post
    I will add that codom males are only worth more than females when the morph first comes out. After it gets somewhat common, females are worth more than males again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Basic morphs will run you between 50-500 for the low end. You won't find a female morph for less than $100. They will typically cost you $150+.

Some relatively cheap morphs are:
    Enchi
    Albino
    Cinnamon/black pastel
    Butter/lesser
    Pastel
    Spider
    Pinstripe
    Ghost/hypo

And the list goes on. Those are just some of the most common.

Here's one of the more popular classifieds:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...=1#post1983468

Here's another:
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=499
    Last edited by h00blah; 12-25-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.