Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,131

4 members and 3,127 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Idea to effect good PR for the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    The best thing we as keepers can do is call out the morons who make us look bad. WE need to be proactive, not reactive. Even then ....

The only thing that I think might work is to go to war against hsus and their ilk. To constantly call them out, point out there flaws, question them relentlessly about what they do and what their true objective is. To NEVER let up at making them look like the lying sacks of crap that they are, to call attention to WHERE the money they're donating came from and what they actually promised to do with it. To make is SO uncomfortable to be associated with them that people actually stay away.

It could be done, but not by anyone currently in the spotlight. USARK, while they are fighting the good fight, aren't fighting it in a way that will win for our side. Nice guys finish last. Want to win, put people like me out there with asswipes like percell.
    Well then Wes... Go make a Youtube Video. Just make sure to keep it around the R rating...lol

Personally. I see NO point to broadcasting a commercial, waste of money and time... BUT.. I do say Youtube does a good job. Look at SnakeBytes, they have what, 2 million views? Yeah it's low, But how many views do you have?

If not Youtube, we need to do what Wes said... Call them out.. Eventually they'll dig a grave even money can't pull them out of..
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Thanks
    A youtube video will get views. Alot of views. But it will be viewed mainly by snake people leaving comments like good job or great video. Its not going to be viewed by the general snake hating public. Wes is right. We do need to be proactive. afterall thats what they were and look where its gotten them. I think usark doesnt have the resources behind them to do what they want and the worst thing any of us can do is think they do and sit back and hope usark will be the saviors. Its not going to happen. We need to go on the attack. Blow the phone lines open to politicians that are supposed to be helping. We need to lobby, we need to fight. Sitting back doing nothing but talking about it on forums will do nothing. I make calls every day to the same people here in virginia. As a matter a fact one lady in richmond knows me by name now lol. Its going to get worse before it gets better you can bet on that
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123