Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,332

2 members and 3,330 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTP Question

Registered User AEnimaDrummer98's Avatar
    Thanks
    If I was to keep the GTP in a glass ExoTerra wat would be the min. size??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Re: GTP Question

Sorry about that.......

Quote Originally Posted by AEnimaDrummer98 View Post
    If I was to keep the GTP in a glass ExoTerra wat would be the min. size??
    I would go with the biggest one they make which is a 36x18x24. Generally, the recommended size cage for an adult GTP is 3x2x2 so that exo should work ok. For about the same cost though, you can get a 3x2x2 pvc cage for Jim at www.pvccages.com. My cage came from him and I couldn't be happier with it. It looks fantastic too.

Quote Originally Posted by dereklondon24 View Post
    Ok not trying to steal ur thread I'm just curious about these boas. I was looking into getting one but ever ETB or ATB I have found at pet stores or online had been very aggressive and people keep telling me that they are not a snake that is meant to be handled more for show. Now I would like to get one but I want to be able to handle it. I do not mind getting bit but I don't want a snake that is not able to become docile and handleable. Any advice would be appreciated.
    As has already been stated, Green Tree Pythons are not boas. There is a big difference between GTPs and Emerald Tree Boas (ETBs). ETBs can be extremely agressive and sensitive and are not recommended for beginners or for anyone who wants to handle their snake frequently. GTPs on the other hand can be quite handlable. Stick with a Jayapura or Aru type or perhaps a Sorong. The Biaks can be a bit more temperamental. Here is a pic of my GTP, Hunter, with the breeder's 8 year old son.

~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

AEnimaDrummer98 (03-14-2012),MSG-KB (03-21-2012)

Thanks

Re: GTP eatting

Yea my little boy had a hard time. some how got mites, won that battle, but he has not ate for a few weeks but he also when right into shed after we got the mite gone. He is a sweetheart about 5 ft. Just not wanting to eat. He is on Live I have nver be able to get him off. But he seem a little slow
    and his hits are not kill ones for get away ones. So giving him time, he might be just stress out, got mites early so I was happy before that he was eatting great. If anyone has other itea them what I think it is let me know, I also hve Maxwell book.

Thnaks

Terrance

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Sorry about that.......

I would go with the biggest one they make which is a 36x18x24. Generally, the recommended size cage for an adult GTP is 3x2x2 so that exo should work ok. For about the same cost though, you can get a 3x2x2 pvc cage for Jim at www.pvccages.com. My cage came from him and I couldn't be happier with it. It looks fantastic too.

As has already been stated, Green Tree Pythons are not boas. There is a big difference between GTPs and Emerald Tree Boas (ETBs). ETBs can be extremely agressive and sensitive and are not recommended for beginners or for anyone who wants to handle their snake frequently. GTPs on the other hand can be quite handlable. Stick with a Jayapura or Aru type or perhaps a Sorong. The Biaks can be a bit more temperamental. Here is a pic of my GTP, Hunter, with the breeder's 8 year old son.

Our Current Family:
    1.0 Green Tree Python (ARU)=Hercules: 1.0 Borneo Blood Python=Sir Lancelot
    0.1 Ball Python=Sheba: 0.0.1 Gopher Rescue=Dirty Harry: 1.0.0 Corn=Apollo
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko= Napoleon 0.1.0: Bearded Dragon=Draco : 0.1.0Fire Belly Armadillo Lizard:
    0.1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula: 1.0 Cockatiel=Luna: 0.1 Vosmari Eclectus=Evee: 0.2 Cats= Kiku, Duchess: 1.2 Dog=Lilly, Brandy, Charly: 2.0 Flemish Giant=Athena and Snuggles: 0.4 Rats: 0.0.8 Tiger Barbs Fish:
    MY Wish List:
    1.1 Jaya Carpet Python: 0.1 Black Pastel Python:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12