Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

3 members and 3,259 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I agree, while losing a pet, specially one like a dog that shows SOOOOOO much affection can be extremely difficult, the right thing to do is to take her and put her to sleep. Put yourself in her situation, whining from hurting, not being able to get comfortable...I'm sure she has lived a great life with you, and that she gave you many great memories and made comforted you when you needed it. Now you need to comfort her and be there with her when she passes away. Shes in so much pain and I know she wants you to be there with her when she goes, so end her pain and let her go. It will be better for the both of you.
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Thanks
    We have been monitoring her and in touch with the vet, we aren't putting her off, the vet was thinking it was not time to go in the last thread.
    We have to go see her again and see what she too thinks of the situation as she is a medical professional and we notice the symptoms--she will know what they mean.
    not delaying by any means,
    but making 100% sure.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    and i so, so appreciate everyone's in put, it means so much. i have told my mother and father everything you all have said. thank you so much.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shelliebear For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (01-27-2012)

Registered User Kamille Kirkendoll's Avatar
    Thanks

I had to fight tears. I, too, am terrified of death, and therefore, would hate to see a beloved pet go that route. We had to put down our pup, Daisy, a few years ago due to an unsuccessful surgery. It was painful, but no animal deserves to suffer.

From the way you described her, she seems to have had a happy life.

You all have my love and positive wishes.
    1.0.0 Classic Corn-Apollo
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon-Aaliyah
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python-Basil
    0.1.0 Satanic House Cat-Mouse
    2.0.0 Male Fancy Rats - Heathcliffe & Darcy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. The thought of losing my dog breaks my heart, but death inevitable. It sounds like your poor girl is in a lot of pain and it is most likely her time.

I have a friend who refused to put his cat down. She was old, sick and in a lot of pain. She wasn't eating and hardly moved. Her illness eventually progressed to the point where she was deaf and blind. But because he selfishly wanted to keep her alive as long as possible, she died alone in the middle of the night. It's not exactly the same situation, but you have to think about what is best for your pet. Do you want to end their suffering or prolong it until finally their illness and pain get to be too much and they let go?

If there is no chance your dog will get better I hope you can find the strength to let her go peacefully surrounded by the ones she loves.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    So sorry you have to go through this with your dog. I know how it is to loose a beloved animal. I have lost a few in my life time. It hurts so bad to loose them. Sometimes you have to do what is best for them and not think about how your going to feel. Seems like it is your call as to what happens to her.

This may sound a little crazy to you but my family and I went through a similar situation with my father. He was in the hospital for 3 months. He had an aorta anurysm (can't spell it). The surgery didn't turn out well. He suffered for 3 months because we didn't want to let him go. He had so much happen to him. We were waiting for him to say enough is enough but he never would. Deep down we know that he wouldn't have wanted to live long like he was. If we had to do it all over again he would and we would not have let him suffer like he did. What he went through because we didn't want to let go still haunts me 3 years later. I know you probably think well he was human and dogs are dogs. If you are like me your pets are like you kids you would do anything for them.

When they put them to sleep they go so fast. No more suffering.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks

Re: I think it's time to let her go...But how?

I waited too long and was not strong enough to put down what I considered to be my only son. I was selfish and he suffered for it. My only real regret in life so far was my inability to let him go peacefully, I was with him, but I think about it often that I did not let him go and I work for a vet. It has been 6 years, and I am still haunted by it and tears are streaming down my face as I type. Maybe it would be the same had we let him go instead of him just passing, I dont know the answer only what it is and how I feel now and I am no kid....

*Fila*

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh that's so sad We had to put down my first dog when I was 17. She was 13 or 14 years old and had a lot of health problems. She was on meds for Epilepsy and pain, she had water around her heart, arthritis, and lord knows what else. She got so bad that she bit me a couple times when I pet her because she was hurting so bad. I had to carry her home so many times after she would have a seizure while out on a walk and she was a Dalmatian, not a small dog. It was just awful. She was an awesome dog, but we couldn't stand to let her suffer any longer. Even the vet techs were in tears when we put her down because she was such an awesome dog. They agreed it was the best thing to do for her and sent us a sympathy letter saying it was the best thing to do, but it still hurt really bad and I felt like I killed my dog. It wasn't till years later that I realized how lucky our pets are to have the dignity of death rather than sitting around and suffering like we have to when we are beyond repair.

If she can't live a happy pain free life, then it's the best thing
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 01-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

Fila (03-01-2012)

Thanks
    We are putting her down sometime this week.
    I'm dreading it like...like...i dont even know...
    2.3 normal ball pythons

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: I think it's time to let her go...But how?

That is the worst feeling in your heart and stomach, knowing it is coming. I know how you feel, and I am so very sorry. Just remember, she won't be suffering anymore. If you think you can handle it, be there with her when she goes. It's hard, but nice to be able to say good bye.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast