Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,263

3 members and 3,260 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: price dropping

Thanks
    They're worth as much as buyers will pay for them. When there's only 1, it's worth a lot. Once everyone has one, nobody is desperate for them and the price drops. Supply and demand people.
    Herp derp.

Thanks
    For those getting into the breeding game its great to aim high but the reality is unless you have a truckload of money to get into cutting edge mutations your best bet is to do lower end stuff. Heres why. 1 you will always be able to sell them cause theres a bigger market for lower end, 2 higher end animals are harder to get your money out of them until your established. Yes you can get more money out of a high end snake but its gonna cost you alot nore to produce and youll have to find the right buyer. The easiest snakes to move are snakes in the 100 to 500 dollar range. You can move em all day long. With more and more beginners or hobbyist getting into snakes every day they always start off with the basic morphs. Single codoms will always sell. They may go down in price but will always sell. You will sell 10 snakes at 200 bucks a piece faster then you will sell a 2000 dollar snake if you dont have a name behind you. Look on kingsnake and watch what sells. I bet youll see the snakes going for 2k sitting a while
    [IMG][/IMG]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snake lab For This Useful Post:

Jam Reptiles (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    So on this matter of price dropping, do you believe we will be seeing other single co-dom/ dom's drop in price to all be around the same in say another 5 years?

Will pastels, cinnamon, mojave, lesser, butter, spiders, enchi, and mystics, etc. all be priced between 100-400$ depending on sex and quality?

I noticed that mystics are still the highest price on the list I have above. But they were also discovered 5 years after most of the others.
    Last edited by jdouglas; 02-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    Yes i think they will all be in that range. They pretty much are now. I think youll see alot of double morphs like bees and stuff like that down there too. But as they do more people will be able to afford them better so they will still sell quick. I have no problems selling 100 pastels. I van sell em as quick as i produce em.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Re: price dropping

Yea, as a purchaser of pets I certainly would like to see the prices of certain morphs come down.

I know its not as great on the breeders, but it will happen one day! I can't wait until BEL's and Mystic Potions etc. are within my price range.

Thanks
    Considering theres a number of ways to produce the lucy im sure prices will fall on them plus its pretty much a dead end morph. Once you get the white snake theres not much more you can do to it
    [IMG][/IMG]

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snake lab View Post
    Considering theres a number of ways to produce the lucy im sure prices will fall on them plus its pretty much a dead end morph. Once you get the white snake theres not much more you can do to it
    I agree and disagree with that. If the BEL has Phantom/Mystic (Karma Ball), then it is not dead end with the Potion potential. Also, any BEL makes a pretty powerful breeder, as does any super.

Plus there is one more step beyond BEL. CHERRY BOMB.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: price dropping

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    i just need to rant here...
    i HATE it when i see someone selling a snake, or snakes for 2-3 hundred dollars less than what the "going rate" is.
    yea,,, a few people get a few good deals,, and yea, the seller gets a little cash quicker,,,, but by doing this, it bottoms out the true value of a particular snake. before you know it, 2011 pieds are going for 4-5 hundred dollars,,, oh wait..............................................
    spooky
    I put my spiders up on craigslist for 80-100 because I'm unemployed and not sure where next month's rent is coming from. I'm stocked up on rats and snakes, but not sure how or where to start selling them and need money yesterday.

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts
    Zombie thread alert!
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    i just need to rant here...
    i HATE it when i see someone selling a snake, or snakes for 2-3 hundred dollars less than what the "going rate" is.
    yea,,, a few people get a few good deals,, and yea, the seller gets a little cash quicker,,,, but by doing this, it bottoms out the true value of a particular snake. before you know it, 2011 pieds are going for 4-5 hundred dollars,,, oh wait..............................................
    spooky
    There is no "true value", period.
    Only what people are willing to pay.
    If you get into it as more of an investment than an actual enjoyment of the animals, well it sucks to be you.
    Also, if you pay 20k for an animal that is being mass produced then you have no one to blame when the market drops but yourself for not researching your "investment" thoroughly.
    If you want value that stays consistent, look to multi-gene animals.

Edit: Ugh, year old dead rant. Nevermind, I was never here.
    Last edited by Raven01; 09-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789