Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

0 members and 3,253 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Its either going to spend 45 minutes in your vehicle or it will be in the FedEx truck. From the point it is picked up at your location and will have to probably be even longer since that truck is going to have to make more pickups in your surrounding area. Not to mention your vehicle will have controlled temps and the truck wont. Plus the truck will have other packages added on top of it and a lot more movement.

Thanks
    I understand it would be easier on the snakes. Was just looking for options to make it feasible for me as well.
    1.0.0 pastel
    0.1.0 cinny

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Every shipment i send out gets droppedo ff around 5-6pm at fedex. Thats is a 45-50min drive one way. If your unable to make that trip then might want to rethink shipping as its the safest route for the snakes.

Also Airbills you dont get your fedex discounted rates. You pay full price since the online rate price is online

BPnet Veteran KatStoverReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fedex drop off question

Quote Originally Posted by sandersnd44 View Post
    I understand it would be easier on the snakes. Was just looking for options to make it feasible for me as well.
    Just include some other errands into the trip and it won't seem like such a big drive. 1.5 hour round trip isn't really that far when it comes to the health and security of the snake.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Its either going to spend 45 minutes in your vehicle or it will be in the FedEx truck. From the point it is picked up at your location and will have to probably be even longer since that truck is going to have to make more pickups in your surrounding area. Not to mention your vehicle will have controlled temps and the truck wont. Plus the truck will have other packages added on top of it and a lot more movement.
    False Most if not all overnight AM shipments are on FedEx Temp controlled vans. They have AC and Heat..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    False Most if not all overnight AM shipments are on FedEx Temp controlled vans. They have AC and Heat..
    The trucks do not have controlled temps. The trucks that pick up the package from your house are the same trucks that make the deliveries the rest of the day.
    They pick the snake up at your house. They will then take it to the closest FedEx World Service Center. From there it get loaded onto a semi and taken to the Hub. From their it will go through a system where it gets loaded onto the planes. Then when it arrives the next morning at the hub closest to its destination. It will get sorted and loaded onto another semi and taken to the closest FedEx World Service Center. Then it will get sorted a last time and loaded onto the delivery trucks. Then they will make their First Over Night deliveries. Then their Priority Over Night deliveries. Then Standard shipments after that. And that's just FedEx Express. FedEx Ground is a different game.

We do offer controlled temps but its not part of the standard shipping process. You have to ship custom critical in order to get controlled temps. Then its a whole different ball park.
    FedEx Temperature Control

p.s. I work for FedEx
    Last edited by Driver; 01-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    The trucks do not have controlled temps. The trucks that pick up the package from your house are the same trucks that make the deliveries the rest of the day.
    They pick the snake up at your house. They will then take it to the closest FedEx World Service Center. From there it get loaded onto a semi and taken to the Hub. From their it will go through a system where it gets loaded onto the planes. Then when it arrives the next morning at the hub closest to its destination. It will get sorted and loaded onto another semi and taken to the closest FedEx World Service Center. Then it will get sorted a last time and loaded onto the delivery trucks. Then they will make their First Over Night deliveries. Then their Priority Over Night deliveries. Then Standard shipments after that. And that's just FedEx Express. FedEx Ground is a different game.

We do offer controlled temps but its not part of the standard shipping process. You have to ship custom critical in order to get controlled temps. Then its a whole different ball park.
    FedEx Temperature Control

p.s. I work for FedEx

Might be that way in your neck of the woods and your Hub, But my Drivers in summer have AC blasting in the Newer Vans they drive, And winter have Heat. Not all places have the new Vans. The heat/ac coming from the dash board is enough to keep the truck a steady temp.

My Hub has the old UPS style trucks for Express, and the newer ones they are converting over to.

Thanks
    It's not that drive is long or anything. I am just exploring the different options there are, how you guys do things, and which way will fit between work and customer preference.
    1.0.0 pastel
    0.1.0 cinny

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    Might be that way in your neck of the woods and your Hub, But my Drivers in summer have AC blasting in the Newer Vans they drive, And winter have Heat. Not all places have the new Vans. The heat/ac coming from the dash board is enough to keep the truck a steady temp.

My Hub has the old UPS style trucks for Express, and the newer ones they are converting over to.
    That's not the same as controlled temps. That's a driver that gets cold and turns the heat on or gets warm and turns the air on. Now that's helps but, a lot of the FedEx fleets nation wide still use the normal FedEx trucks. So here in Indiana where it is 30 out. If the driver has the heat on it won't do anything for the back of the truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12