Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,536

1 members and 3,535 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks
    I am losing all hope in America these days. There is NO candidate that is not a weasel. None of the politicians have the middle working class in mind. It is all for their own agenda. In my opinion we need to run this country like it used to be, instead of this political BS. There is no candidate in my mind that will save us from the right infringement that is coming.
    Connor Paschke
    Pre-vet Major at SUNY Plattsburgh

1.0 Jungle Carpet Pythons (Headhunter lineage)
    1.0 Dwarf Albino Reticulated Python (Steve Gooch)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redstormlax12 For This Useful Post:

KingObeat (01-20-2012),sgath92 (01-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by USARK.Jonathan.Brady View Post
    USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule!
    This morning a joint press conference was held by Senator Bill Nelson of Florida, Interior Dept Director, Ken Salazar; and US Fish & Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe at Everglades National Park (ENP) to make an Everglades conservation and preservation announcement. It was made public that a final rule would be enacted by FWS potentially restricting trade in 9 constricting snakes. Although there had been no word from FWS or White House oversight officials prior to the press conference, Andrew Wyatt CEO USARK, learned of a “rumor” on the “HILL” that there would be an announcement regarding the Constrictor Listing; a listing of 9 constricting snakes to the Injurious Wildlife list of the Lacey Act. This is an action that could destroy $104 million per year in small business while potentially making more than 1 million Americans into Lacey Act felons. This action has now come to pass; albeit in a more limited fashion than was pushed by FWS and the powerful environmental and animal rights lobby.

As of now the Constrictor Rule, when enacted, will BAN the IMPORT and INTERSTATE TRANSPORT of the following 4 species: Burmese python, Northern African python, Southern African python and yellow anaconda.

USARK will be making further announcements regarding potential legal remedy to the flagrant disregard for “science”, due process, or information quality standards by FWS and the Obama Administration. This is a clear example of policy being based on staff preference combined with political considerations, rather than clear science and due process. The FWS failed at every level to make a solid case for justifying a Lacey Act listing. How the White House can justify this train wreck of a rule to pass is a mystery. In the opinion of USARK the actions of FWS are arbitrary, capricious and unlawful. That is not a charge that is unfamiliar to FWS. In 2010 FWS scientists were found guilty of falsifying information to manufacture science to support a rule on the Delta Smelt in the Central Valley of California. FWS was found guilty of being “arbitrary, capricious and unlawful" in their effort to add the controversial fish to the Endangered Species Act. USARK will pursue available legal remedy to this travesty of justice and blatant misuse of the Lacey Act. The Lacey Act was the wrong tool for the wrong reason.

I'm having a hard time reconciling the title of this thread with this:

http://www.fws.gov/home/feature/2012...sQsAs11612.pdf

A couple of questions for the mob or from someone at USARK:

How did USARK save 5 of 9 species? I'm reading the report and it looks like the decision on the final 4 species were made solely from the USGS survey. So, again, what role did USARK play in saving the 5 species? My apologies in advance if I missed some critical data.

Second question:

With regards to the section I bolded and italicized, please reconcile your statement with this:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan...tists-20120106

In which the FWS was cleared of all charges.

It's one thing to accuse the Federal government of spreading false data. It's another thing to do it yourself.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-19-2012 at 11:18 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Denial (01-20-2012),zeion97 (01-20-2012)

Thanks
    Agreed^. I dont understand how usark did anything through this entire process other then nake a ton of money from contributors. And i wonder how gregg grazianni feels after having his stupid reality show basically spearhead the fears of big snakes in the glades. Stupid stupid stupid. You would think a big player in the industry would have nothing to do with portraying the industry jn a negative manner.
    [IMG][/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snake lab For This Useful Post:

Denial (01-20-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

This should have gone through Congress. We currently have an executive branch that uses every loophole they can find to get around Congress. This is not the only time this has happened. He's even gone so far to say that he's willing to do so to get things done when Congress disagrees with him. This is abuse of power at its finest. They aren't listening to us. Doesn't matter how many letters we write - they will ignore them. There is an election coming up very soon. If you are 18 or older then you had better get out and let your voice be heard. If you don't vote, then don't gripe. Do your homework and look at the candidates that are pro-business. Those are the ones that you need to be voting for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Exotic View Post
    This should have gone through Congress. We currently have an executive branch that uses every loophole they can find to get around Congress. This is not the only time this has happened. He's even gone so far to say that he's willing to do so to get things done when Congress disagrees with him. This is abuse of power at its finest. They aren't listening to us. Doesn't matter how many letters we write - they will ignore them. There is an election coming up very soon. If you are 18 or older then you had better get out and let your voice be heard. If you don't vote, then don't gripe. Do your homework and look at the candidates that are pro-business. Those are the ones that you need to be voting for.

"Pro-business"? You mean like the democrats & republicans who were trying so hard to pass SOPA/PIPA?

If you're not voting for libertarians you're throwing your vote away. The two mainstream parties are both owned completely by special interests. They do don't care what the people think, or how their rules effect them. Look at how many supported the bailouts knowing full well that the people didn't want it.

SOPA? Even in the wake of the entire planet voicing their disgust at the idea, they are insisting they still need to do something similar and just need to find a way to sneak it through. How many times have we seen someone from Congress in the last 48 hours say that SOPA "isn't ready"? Not "It isn't a good idea" but "It isn't ready"! Did no one notice that they picked the day after the black out protest to launch an international manhunt to round up & detain the executives behind megaupload while simultaneously taking down the website? It was to send a message "We will do what we want, and find a way to do it."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgath92 View Post
    "Pro-business"? You mean like the democrats & republicans who were trying so hard to pass SOPA/PIPA?

If you're not voting for libertarians you're throwing your vote away. The two mainstream parties are both owned completely by special interests. They do don't care what the people think, or how their rules effect them. Look at how many supported the bailouts knowing full well that the people didn't want it.

SOPA? Even in the wake of the entire planet voicing their disgust at the idea, they are insisting they still need to do something similar and just need to find a way to sneak it through. How many times have we seen someone from Congress in the last 48 hours say that SOPA "isn't ready"? Not "It isn't a good idea" but "It isn't ready"! Did no one notice that they picked the day after the black out protest to launch an international manhunt to round up & detain the executives behind megaupload while simultaneously taking down the website? It was to send a message "We will do what we want, and find a way to do it."
    I don't recall anywhere mentioning to vote for either party. Why don't you re-read what I said? I said to vote for candidates that are pro-business. I don't care what party they belong to, Libertarian included. And yes, the candidates that voted for SOPA and PIPA need to go as well.

Thanks
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were saying republican by "pro-business" but in American politics the two phrases are often used interchangeably and I wanted to show the distinction; particularly when some of the support for this ban came from FL-republicans.

Thanks
    If things keep taking a turn for the worse, I might have to eventually start looking for another place of residence.

I wonder what other countries are big on freedoms? Particularly my reptiles.
    _____________Khulric_____________
    1.0 Common Snapping Turtle
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.2 Ball pythons
    1.4 Western Hognose
    1.0 Dumerils Boa
    0.3 Leopard Geckos

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567