Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,226

2 members and 3,224 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I am a Canadian, I do not have a political voice at all. I have written a letter posted it and that about as much as I can do really. I have been watching this long drawn out struggle since its beginnings. Every change the government made USARK countered, a big game of chess. The legislation is still here, maybe it is time to stop playing chess.

I understand the passion I admire and relish it! Passion seems to becoming scarce these days. Hold on to it as that passion has great value. But perhaps a change of tactic is in order. I have not read this in tire thread just bits here and there. Perhaps a proposal should be proposed that would control the movement and purchasing of large constrictors but not place the power in the hands of the government but in your hands. The reptile industry has rallied together to fight the legislation it could be unified to come up with a set of controls to limit whom can own and keep (breed and sell) these animals.

We all know they are amazing creatures and can be rewarding and bring great joy and amazement to those whom keep them. They also can be a handful and too much for those whom are unprepared, there are many who should not own them (or any living thing for that matter) You the responsible keepers know who is ready and who is not why not propose a self governing and regulating of the large constrictors. You have the expertise not some politician it saves money for the government they get to say look I did something vote for me. You get to keep you animals in peace.

Falcons at least in my area have a great record of this the government differs to that community for all decisions and all regulations are written from that community and passed up to the government who enables them it works.

I believe in USARC I have and continue to support as best I can as a foreigner. I believe that the people proposing this have no idea of what massive mess this article will cause if passed, what will happen to the 1000s (100 000s) of snakes out there now? People demanding compensation for loss of income... on and on.

I hope this works out (again)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kitedemon For This Useful Post:

fndjason4 (01-17-2012),KingObeat (01-17-2012),minguss (01-18-2012)

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    States already have the right to create rules for those things. The Federal government doesn't need to get involved.

It's too late to remove the snakes from Florida, they are there, and no ban will change that now.

Which is why this addition to the Lacey Act is COMPLETELY USELESS. It doesn't accomplish ANY of the goals they claim for it.
    Preventing me from taking a Burm from Omaha to Council Bluffs is going to benefit people, the environment, or the snakes...HOW?
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

spitzu (01-17-2012)

Thanks

Re: U.S. set to approve python ban

I guess if that's the case i'll buy the red tail boa I saw on craigslist tank and all and he's about a year old and he says make me an offer. Plus he's albino I figure he'll probably take $100 he really needs him gone. My parents will be pissed but if it's my only chance to get a BCI..

0.1 Normal (Captain Hook) (Hooked deformation on tip of tail)
    1.0 Pastel Poss het Albino (Thor)
    0.1 Normal (Chloe)
    0.1 Tiger Reticulated Python (Jade)
    0.1 Borneo Black Blood Python (Kira)
    Coming soon:
    1.0 Mojave het Albino
    0.1 Mojave het Albino

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    Yes, one of them being my best friend, and I can tell you that not only has the Army's General (idk his official term) come out and said that he would never fire on the American public, but the general consensus of the enlisted is that of standing up for our constitutional rights no matter what the Army would tell them...its hard to fight a war with no troops!
    That's why we have such militarized police. If the military won't do it, militarized police will. Even the department of education has their own swat team now.

These are not the same as "Officer Friendly" the beat cop that would help anyone in town who needed a hand, whether it involved a "crime" or just someone needing a ride after getting a flat. You really need to read this article. It's not the military that'll directly stomp on the civil liberties of civies by arresting them for feeding the homeless [illegal in some parts of FL], sitting on a sidewalk [illegal in some parts of CA], or sleeping on a park bench after hours when you have no where else to go [illegal almost everywhere].

You just have to hope that your house isn't the next one they do a no-knock overly-armed search on when they "get the address wrong." Anyone can be the next José Guerena [a soldier who was just trying to protect his family]. The fact that no body even knows his name shows just what has become "normal" in this country.
    Last edited by sgath92; 01-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgath92 For This Useful Post:

AGoldReptiles (01-18-2012),minguss (01-18-2012)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    The reply I got after sending my letters last week... I wonder how many other of our reps had absolutely no idea that this was going on??

Thank you for contacting me concerning the Lacey Act. I appreciate knowing your thoughts on this matter.

The Lacey Act was signed into law in 1900. It was the first federal law designed to protect wildlife and is administered by the Departments of Interior, Commerce, and Agriculture (USDA). Over the past century, the law has been amended several times to expand protection to a broader range of flora and fauna, and to control the potentially dangerous introduction of non-native species.

Most recently, the bill was amended by the 2008 Farm Bill to prohibit the import of illegally logged timber and timber products. This amendment included language from the Combat Illegal Logging Act of 2007, which was written to help curb illegal logging practices abroad by eliminating offenders’ access to the U.S. market.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the scope of the Lacey Act. Although no legislation has been introduced that would amend or defund the Lacey Act, I will keep your views in mind in case the matter is considered by the Senate in the future.

Again, thank you for your message. Please feel free to stay in touch on issues of importance to you.
    Sincerely,
    Richard J. Durbin
    United States Senator

Thanks

I feel that some of you are over reacting. You have to understand the state's point of view. With so many wild Burmese pythons living in the everglades, it is inevitably going to the affect the ecosystem.
    Last edited by MikeJuggles; 01-18-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJuggles View Post
    I feel that some of you are over reacting. You have to understand the state's point of view. With so many wild Burmese pythons living in the everglades, it is inevitably going to the affect the ecosystem.
    Can you prove how many Burmese are they? No. There aren't a lot there especially after the cold snap... and for you to simply say that is horrid. The ban should.be on.importing. Florida can do what it wants but it shouldn't be able to control the entire u.s. it's just showing yet again how close we are to the second revolution in the u.s.... time.to.move.to Canada....
    1.0 Pied Ball Python (Rumple Stillkins) 2.0 Normal Ball (Simba) (legolas) 1.0 Pastel Ball (Isildur) 0.1 Normal Het? (Sarabi RIP 2013) 1.0 Burmese Python (Sephiroth) 0.1 Granite Burmese Python 1.0 Albino Burmese Python 1.0 Tiger Retic (Steve Irwin RIP 2012) 0.1 Lavender Albino Tiger (RIP 2012) 1.0 Spider Ball Python Spidey 1.0 Pewter Ball (pew pew) 0.1 Cinnamon Ball (Cinny) 1.0 Lavender Albino Retic (Old Yeller) 0.1 High Contrast Albino Retic (Sunshine) 0.1 BCI (Ruby)

Here I Stand, The Black Sheep Of The Family, To you, Worth Less Then Zero. A Chef And A Reptile Lover. Yet, Reptiles Are Not A Hobby, But A Way Of Life.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeion97 View Post
    Can you prove how many Burmese are they? No. There aren't a lot there especially after the cold snap... and for you to simply say that is horrid. The ban should.be on.importing. Florida can do what it wants but it shouldn't be able to control the entire u.s. it's just showing yet again how close we are to the second revolution in the u.s.... time.to.move.to Canada....
    Exactly! Obviously there aren't any that can be found now.. The cold snap did precisely what we thought it would do...
    http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.ht...ons.vanish.cnn

Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess90 View Post
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and get an RTB this week or next just to be safe. Then move to Canada. Lol
    im with ya on that one

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast