Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,359

1 members and 3,358 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Kevin's 'A&K Exotics' 1st Year Breeding Question Thread

So yeah, long title, but this isn't a thread that has one question and one answer. I plan on making this my 1st year breeding diary/question thread. I have cut back on some of the snakes I planned on getting right away, as I really doubt I will have $12+ to my disposial. So if you have read my other thread I posted the other day I changed the list a bit and the pairings. I will be starting to do some extensive research on how to breed. More so than before, as the whole ovulation and stuff confuses me. Lol. Anywho here is my list (*it may alter a little from time to time, but I like my odds with this starting crew*)

1.1 Black Pastels
    1.0 Enchi
    1.0 OG Mojave
    1.0 Pastel Spotnose
    0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Lemonblast
    0.1 Fire
    0.1 High Contrast Albino
    0.1 Spotnose
    0.3-5 Normal
    0.1 Butter Pastel (I tend to like the buttery qualities of butters as compared to lessers)

planned pairs are as follows, but it may be completely different in the end.

-Black Pastel (M) x Black Pastel (F), Lemonblast, Fire, High Contrast Albino
    -Enchi x High Contrast Albino, Spotnose, Butter Pastel, Fire
    -Pastel Spotnose x Spotnose, Black Pastel (F), Bumblebee, Lemonblast, Fire
    -OG Mojave x Butter Pastel, Spotnose, Bumblebee, Lemonblast

And for those who are going to comment with, "You shouldn't do a 'who's your daddy' breeding with a recessive trait" don't worry. I am very much aware, I am really just trying to work in the Mojave, not so much the OG, but future breedings will include OG work...just not to start with.

There is a lot of potential with these pairings to hit a lot of stuff, what I'm looking to hit include: *if any of these have a simpler name please let me know*

Enchi het. Albino
    Butter Pastel Enchi
    Pastel Powerball
    Powerball
    Enchi Fire
    Black Pewter Spotnose
    Super pastel spotnose
    Spotnose Spider
    Lemonblast Spotnose
    Spotnose Fire
    Jigsaws
    Pastel Spotnose Fire
    Pastave
    Pastel Enchi
    Butter Enchi
    Black Pewter
    Spotnose Bumblebee
    Killerbees

and the list goes on, but that's if there is more than one father taking to a female.

Anywho, I'll probably be asking some questions in the future and letting everyone know whats going on in my world as I start making arrangements for my first breeding stock.

Thanks so much!
    Kevin.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Plans sound kewl. Good luck..

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Normal (Sookie)
    1.0 Pastel (Syler)
    0.1 BumbleBee (Scully)
    1.0 Butter (Gimme)
    0.1 Mojave (Saffy)
    1.0 Albino (Leopold)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Triston)
    1.0 Basset/Beagle Mix (Bilbo)
    0.1 Basset Hound (Mimi)
    a bunch of red eared sliders
    and the oldest, male pit/mix Corky. 18yrs strong.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sookieball For This Useful Post:

kevinb (01-15-2012)

Thanks
    I'm not trying to be a killjoy, and your plans do sound interesting, but I can hardly keep up with your posts. I appreciate speculation and potential breeding projects as much as anyone else, but I have to think that you might be better served holding off on a few of these threads at least until you're able to get back into balls again.

at any rate, you do have an eye for unique pairings. I hope you're able to get invested in the projects you've mentioned at some point soon. all the best.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwmjkd For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (01-15-2012),kevinb (01-15-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I know I do make a crap ton of threads with various different list of start up snakes, but this one is pretty much it, the real deal. Lots of my other threads were dreams really, this is actually plausible. Sorry if I get annoying with all my post, but that's why I made this one. So I can ask all my questions in one spot.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    seems very ambitious.. this is my first year breeding and i couldnt imagine having more then 3 pairs, just a lot to clean and care for and keep track and feed and whatnot.. not to mention a lot to mess up if you arent familiar with incubation and all that...
    BPs
    1.10 Normal - Hades . Zues and company
    1.0 Lesser - " "
    1.0 66% het pied - Perses
    1.0 Spider - Eros
    1.0 Pastel YB - Helios
    0.1 Pastel - Rhea
    0.1 Pied
    1.0 Pinstripe
    Redtail Boa
    1.0 Tiki
    Bearded Dragon
    1.0 Cronus
    Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Red Tiger
    0.0.1 Orange Dalmatian
    0.0.1 Cream Harlequin partial pin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tidus10 For This Useful Post:

kevinb (01-15-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm not going to argue with you on that, it is a lot of work and care to be taken, but oddly enough my favorite thing to do is clean....not just snake cages but anything in the house lol. I'm very anal retentive and need things clean or I get really bad OCD like symptoms...such as anxiety. There is a reason I made this thread now and that is so I will be prepared for when my first clutches come which is probably anpther 4+ years away.
    Country Born Exotics

Thanks
    just giving you words of wisdom, im going through it right now and its a lot to keep track of.. i would personally start off with a few morphs and normals just to get a hang of things... also keep in mind the cost of feeding.. 15 snakes, one rat a week (minimum) is (cheapest) $30 a week... i feed my girls twice a week so its easily $45 a week if i were to pay for it
    BPs
    1.10 Normal - Hades . Zues and company
    1.0 Lesser - " "
    1.0 66% het pied - Perses
    1.0 Spider - Eros
    1.0 Pastel YB - Helios
    0.1 Pastel - Rhea
    0.1 Pied
    1.0 Pinstripe
    Redtail Boa
    1.0 Tiki
    Bearded Dragon
    1.0 Cronus
    Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Red Tiger
    0.0.1 Orange Dalmatian
    0.0.1 Cream Harlequin partial pin

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidus10 View Post
    just giving you words of wisdom, im going through it right now and its a lot to keep track of.. i would personally start off with a few morphs and normals just to get a hang of things... also keep in mind the cost of feeding.. 15 snakes, one rat a week (minimum) is (cheapest) $30 a week... i feed my girls twice a week so its easily $45 a week if i were to pay for it
    Thanks for the input, with that being said I am probably one of the most organized people in new york anymore. My compulsive cleanliness has gone so far that I label everything and organize everything certain ways. For instance me and my gf dvd collection is seperated by genre, then alphabetized. Its really not that difficult to keep good records of everything and keep everything organized if you know what your doing. As for the rats, well its as simple as breeding them myself, then freezing the extras for a rainy day. Much cheaper than buying a ton of rats a week, and no need to leave the house for them. Its a lot of work yes, but if your like me and all you do is clean/origanize/arrange because your body can't sit still for 5 seconds its a godsend.
    Country Born Exotics

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    So question time.

Is it stupid of me to purchase pairs of each morph that I want in the codom aspect? I want to aim for supers of all the codoms, recessives I have so that I can for sure put the gene into other combos.

Sure I could go out and buy a super but that wouldn't let me put it to every male and or female I have.

So basically is it stupid to buy pairs of everything if they will all be utilized?
    Country Born Exotics

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Anyone?
    Country Born Exotics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast