Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

1 members and 3,220 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Reptile Basics - No more racks

If you currently have Reptile Basics racks and are thinking of adding more, you better order quickly. Rich is expanding his business in other directions and shutting down the rack building portion of the business.

I buy many things from Rich. They are a great company to do business with. I even have a few of his BP racks and baby racks in my reptile room and I've come to really like his Vivarium Electronics thermostats. Anyway, this was not meant to be an advertisement for Reptile Basics, but an informational thread for those who need more racks to match what you already have.

From his blog:

After looking at the numbers for the past year I have found that the racks are putting me in an uncomfortable position. With the slowing economy we have actually held very steady on rack sales, which has been great. The problem is other aspects of our business are expanding greatly, many of these we could not even foresee as recently as 6 months ago. We can either expand our space and overhead greatly, and the racks simply will not cover that added expense, or something has to go. So while the rack business is a good, profitable one it is not one that fits into my current situation any more.

As it stands right now the rack business would be a good opportunity for the right person and I am open to discussion on purchasing it. The “right person” would ideally have access to 600-800 square feet and at least a decent amount of building/fabrication savvy. I do not mind training and getting someone set up but I simply do not have the time to dedicate to starting from scratch. I would rather not sell it than sell it to someone who will not do a good job of it and maintain a reputable name. After all, a CNC router is a fun toy to have around. I will find something to do with it! If this sounds like something that would interest you I can be best contacted by email at sales@reptilebasics.com.

Thanks for all of the years of support and we will be around for many more years to come. I am partnering with another very reputable name in the industry a little later this year on a very big and very exciting project. Stay tuned!

Rich

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

MarkieJ (01-05-2012)

Thanks
    Dang, I'll have to get mine soon then Have been thinking of saving a bit to get one, I like how their racks look

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Wow, that is quick turn around. Looks like he is taking that last order on the 15th of this month.

Looks like a good opportunity for someone to take over, or good news for AP and Boaphile.

Thanks

Re: Reptile Basics - No more racks

Heard about this from a friend last night who saw it on facebook. I couldnt believe it I thought that the racks was his best sellers. Needless to say I ordered 2 more racks this morning.
    10 0.1 mojave
    11 0.1 bumblebee
    11 0.1 cinnamon
    12 1.2 pastel pied
    14 1.0 pewter het pied
    14 0.1 queenbee
    14 1.0 fire calico

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have one rack from Reptile Basics, and had planned on getting two more. Who else makes racks of this quality with the same level of customer service? I've heard most other rack providers take much longer than RB getting you your mech and are hard to get in touch with.

Thanks
    Wow i just recieved my first rack and thermostat from him yesterday. He did say that he will get it out right away because they were pretty slow right now. Hes a great guy to work with

Thanks

Re: Reptile Basics - No more racks

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! Off to order 2 more CB70s...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I'm $250 away from paying off two racks from him...I sure hope he counts them as the "last orders"! Too bad, I like his racks.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    This post totally bummed me out. I really like the racks, customer service and the fact that I can save $ by picking them up at White Plains. It looks like it will be all AP from here on out.