Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,179

0 members and 3,179 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

View Poll Results: So is this a cinny?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep! Definitely a cinny.

54 94.74%
  • Youre insane, thats a normal.

1 1.75%
  • Not sure, need better/different pics (please be specific)

2 3.51%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cinny or No?

Thanks
    I have to go with the majority on this one . We all know some snakes are darker when young and brighten as they get older just the same as they can do the opposite. All the other cinnys posted are older and have more blushing. Blushing that the baby is starting to show as well. Besides it's tail the majority of the pattern and it's head is typical cinny even when you compare it to the others posted.

It reminds me of 2 I might pick up here shortly.

Thanks

Re: Cinny or No?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieJ View Post
    When I first saw the pic, I immediately thought Cinnacal (Cinnamon Calico)... and then you said this:

Might be a low white Cinnacal. Male or female? Even if it's not a Cinnacal, it's still an awesome Cinny with that wicked pattern. Dude was nuts to turn it down.

Boy would that be a beautiful irony.

Thanks
    I absolutely love his pattern! I wish you were near here, I would have snapped him up in a heartbeat. I love funky patterned cinnies.
    1.0 Bumblebee (Edgar)
    0.1 100% Het albino (Edna)
    0.1 Normal/Dinker (Beatrice)
    1.0 NG Frilled Dragon (Frank)
    1.0 Patternless Leopard Gecko (Bruce)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    Well, it is a LITTLE dark for a cinny, at least to me.

Cinnamons to me should be well....cinnamon. Like my girl Kuri here, of course she IS a really nice cinnamon.

So maybe that is why they think it's a normal ? Because it seems kind of dark for a cinny?

BUT there is no way on earth anyone should look at that pattern and call it a normal, that is just stupid. Even if I didn't know much about ball pythons, I'd know that was anything but normal.

Gale
    The OPs snake is definitely a cinny but this one here is exceptional. I've always loved cinnamons and they usually ARE dark with a cinnamon colored head. The faded eye stripes on the OPs cinny are a dead give away but the pattern too. I'm not sure how anyone could mistake that side pattern for anything else. Even black pastels don't have side patterns quite like that. Plus cinnys do tend to lighten just a bit with age and more of a cinnamon colored blushing will be evident in the darker pattern along the back later on in places.

I've noticed the exceptionally light cinnys like the one I've quoted often seem to carry some sort of lightening or fader gene. If bred, that cinny may or may not consistently produce cinnys or other morphs that are equally as bright. If it does, those bloodlines are the ones I'd work with the most to incorporate it into everything else. This is how the good lines are created. Like lemon pastels etc..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234