Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,398

1 members and 2,397 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Adoption Gone Bad :(

We were seconds away from adopting what was said to be a male normal (he was quite large) we were ecstatic I told her I would like to check for mouth rot and as i was flipping him over to get to his coiled head we noticed (and this is what I'm curious about) he had about 1/4" belly scales with multiple redish brown hair width lines going vertically all the way down the length of his body, we were thinking early stages of scale rot? or maybe a serious mite problem? anyone with input so we know in the future what to look out for. On a side note, I didn't notice but my wife said, when he tongue flicked his tongue it was white (didn't open it after seeing his belly) we assumed mouth rot but incase it has anything to do with his belly I figured I would mention it.

Its a shame that people can't take the few minutes it takes a week to change water, bedding and once or twice a month scrub down the enclosure. Very Sad!

Thanks
    sounds like bad scale rot, rly bad scale rot

Thanks

Re: Adoption Gone Bad :(

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.B View Post
    sounds like bad scale rot, rly bad scale rot
    It wasnt discolored aside from the lines going through it it was still white for the most part the lines were like I said hair width and about 7-8 per scale all the way down the body, was not scabby or decaying looking either.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Beginnings of scale rot, healing burn, filthy caging resulting in dirt/staining...

...at any rate, good for you for noticing prior to bringing him home. You may have saved a large vet bill or months of treatment.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "