Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,209

1 members and 3,208 guests
myah,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

"new post" feature

not sure if this was the right place to put this, but i was wandering if anyone know what made the "new post" feature on this forum roll over?
    sometimes theres 2/3 pages that shows up on the "new post",,, and sometimes the "new post" page rolles over and starts over after a page or a few posts.?
    just wandering how that worked.
    thanks
    spooky
    Last edited by mr.spooky; 12-26-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks

Re: "new post" feature

maby i put this post in the wrong catagory?
    spooky

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question sorry.

It lists new posts since your last visit as determined by your cookie and last activity on the server - so if your cookie expires before you finish reading the listed new posts then they would drop of the list and any refreshed page would only have those posted since that happened.

I think the cookie times out after 15 minutes of no activity.

To get around this you can keep this page open in one of the tabs - but even then it will eventually time out. This is because searches expire after a time and the new post is only a search by post time.

Does that explain things or just make them worse?

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 12-28-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

LOL,, ok im confused.
    the new post feature im talking about is up top in the blue line, beside the "private messages", FAQ, calendar...........
    im on here quiet a bit, so i use the "new post" feature to navigate. i can pretty much keep up with all of the new posts by this option. but sometimes, ill klick on the "new posts" and it will show 3 pages, and then eventually dropping all pages except 1 page with maby 5 new threads.
    but some times,, there will be only 1 page on the "new posts" section with only 7 or 8 threads,,, and then at that point, it will roll over with only 5 threads.
    im sure im being hard to follow,,, as i read back to myself,, i might not be making any sence..... anyway, its truly not that big of a deal,, i ws just wandering....
    thanks
    spooky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    LOL,, ok im confused.
    the new post feature im talking about is up top in the blue line, beside the "private messages", FAQ, calendar...........
    im on here quiet a bit, so i use the "new post" feature to navigate. i can pretty much keep up with all of the new posts by this option. but sometimes, ill klick on the "new posts" and it will show 3 pages, and then eventually dropping all pages except 1 page with maby 5 new threads.
    but some times,, there will be only 1 page on the "new posts" section with only 7 or 8 threads,,, and then at that point, it will roll over with only 5 threads.
    im sure im being hard to follow,,, as i read back to myself,, i might not be making any sence..... anyway, its truly not that big of a deal,, i ws just wandering....
    thanks
    spooky
    I noticed it to.
    0.1 O.G 1.1 het gen. Stripe
    1.3 normal 1.0 jigsaw
    1.0 cinny. 0.1 pinstripe
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 spider
    1.0 het pied
    1.1 het albino
    0.1 sulcata
    2.5+leos

Thanks

It's new posts since your last visit. Or perhaps since the last time you visited the New Posts section.

When you click it, what exactly are you expecting? Are you expecting to see the newest posts, ranging from latest to oldest (as in oldest dating back to 2005?) - but it only shows the newest posts since you've been browsing?

Thanks

now, for example, if i click on "new posts" it has 2 pages,, and says something like "results 1-29".. now this might go on for 3 more pages, and then roll over and start at "1 page,, results 1-5" and this might go on for 3 pages before it rolles over again.

but sometimes,, it shows 1 page,, "results 1-9" and insted of going to page 2,3,or 4, it rolles over again at "page 1 results 1-5"
    are ya picking up what im puting down??????? LOL
    sorry,,, im having a hard time explaining..
    spooky

Thanks

ive noticed that i will click new posts, it will show 2-3 pages, i will read one on the first page, click new posts again when im done, and there will only be a few results the next time, and wont show the other pages that i didnt see, is that close to whats going on with you spooky? also, i notice it seems to happen alot more at night
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    ive noticed that i will click new posts, it will show 2-3 pages, i will read one on the first page, click new posts again when im done, and there will only be a few results the next time, and wont show the other pages that i didnt see, is that close to whats going on with you spooky? also, i notice it seems to happen alot more at night
    yes, that happens.... i was just wandering if the mods made the pages start over,, or what?
    spooky

Thanks
    Oh yes, I've noticed that too. Didn't really bother me - so I never really paid much attention to it.

We're due for some upgrades, so we'll see if that's an actual bug that gets taken care of when the time comes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast