It has been over a year since I have been on this forum. But things have happened since last year. My latest bit of news was horrible news... My spider ball Apollo a few months ago had a spot on his underside that appeared to be a burn. I treated it with a little triple antibiotic ointment (make sure no infection would occur.) A month later all seemed fine, the "burn" had shrunk. I went off on a trip about 3 weeks ago, and got a care taker for my snakes. I got back 2 days ago, and checked back on my snakes, and I was totally stunned what I found on my spider. On his stomach I saw giant slightly blackish red spots, and they covered 1/3rd of his underside. I suspected scale rot, so I put some betadyne on his stomach, and again applied my antibiotic ointment, and left him in his cage for the night. The next morning I checked up on him, I knew something wasn't right when I saw him laying belly up. I opened the cage and picked him up, and he was limp... Apollo died in the night, I never said good bye.... But something obviously is going to hell. Why? Because on one of my normals, Artemis, has a few of the weird "burn" spots. But they are still small. Also, this is my first time dealing with a snakes death. Honestly, this death is a hard thing to deal with...