Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

3 members and 3,346 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Hybrid project

Thanks

Re: Hybrid project

like i said, ill be re uping this thread with any news. so heres some news. iv been talking with some like minded people, and they were generous enough to share some of their techniques with me. ill be trying these techniques in the upcoming weeks and ill keep yall posted on any progress.
    thanks for staying tuned!!!
    spooky

Thanks

soooo,,, no new updates really as far as progress goes... though i have learned how to get my BP interested, but nothing with the blood yet.. on a positive note, i have learned ALOT about bloods regarding breeding. i think i just started out ill prepaired this year,, but ill keep trying for a few more months regardless.. im looking forward to next season as ill be stepping into it with alot more info and experience.
    stay tuned!!!!!
    spooky

Thanks
    Maybe this only works with rodents, have you tried scenting the female python with another male's scent? That works whenever I have mice that won't get to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhasputin View Post
    Maybe this only works with rodents, have you tried scenting the female python with another male's scent? That works whenever I have mice that won't get to work.
    tried that with little success.. right now, im using a female ball in the same enclosure as the "pair" as bait along with other tactics. this gets the male (BP) excited but thats only half of the process.. it takes 2 to tango
    spooky

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    Im starting a hybrid project this year, and if sucessful, it will keep me busy for the next few years trying to acomplish my goal. im not going to try to keep this a secret, because im sure that anyone that is working with blood/ball hybrids is way ahead of me.
    so here is my plan.. im wanting to introduce a recessive gene into the hybrid. if sucessful this first breeding atempt, i will hold back everything. once the hatchlings (F1) reach adulthood, i will breed them to each other hopefuly producing a visual F2.
    the first pairing i did, the female blood showed no intrest, sence then, i have talked to a blood python breeder and they gave me some tips on blood breeding, so hopefuly this time ill be more sucessful.
    i started this thread for those of us that are interseted in "superball" hybrids, or just hybrids in general.
    after seeing past hybrid threads, i can truly say that i (persionaly) will not comment on any negative, or off topic feedback because i dont want it turning into that kind of thread. if you want to participate in that kind of thread, im sure there are some to be found.
    sooooooooo,,, heres what im doing!

spooky
    Very Cool

Thanks
    Try to introduce a male blood like you introduced the female ball. Hopefully this helps and by the way music might work lol. I was listening to a song in my room with a male and female beardie. When the song started the male started mounting the female and when the song finished the male jumped off. Cowinsidence, I think not. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

I too was going to suggest adding a male blood/female ball into the enclosure w/ a divider that allows only scents and pheromones to go through. Like a plexiglass w/ holes or something. But it sounds like you're already doing something similar.

This is a very interesting project. Hybrids are tricky creatures.
    F1s always look insane. haha

Good luck with this project! I'm subscribing to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Why would someone not like hybrids? Personally i think it would be really cool, not even just in snakes but in any species. As long as the person doing it was responsible and kept records of all of the breedings to actually make it legitimate then i dont see why someone would have a problem with it? If someone could tell me why, without ripping my head off lol, would appreciate it
    Everyone else already touched on snakes. But you said you liked any hybrid animal. A lot of people would say that hybrids are healthy. If you take a look at hybrid domestic cats such as a Bengal or Savannah cat, they're extremely healthy due to bringing new genes into the pool. However, depending on the hybrid, they can develop a lot of heath issues. Since animals of different species usually don't mate together in the wild, it's natures way to say that they're not compatible for the world. I.E. by making them sterile or physically fragile.
    Horse x Donkey = Mules. Mules are strong hardy animals, but are sterile. You take a Tiger x Lion = Liger. Ligers are so huge, hulking, and continue to grow throughout their lives due to a hormonal unbalance. To support such a large body puts a huge strain on the animal, which shortens their life (and other physical ailments such as joint and muscle problems). Sort of how large breed dogs live shorter lives than smaller breeds. And Leopards x pumas tend to cause dwarfism. Some sterile hybrids throwout premature young. That goes for pure species throwing out premature hybrids as well.

There are a lot of hybrids that are successful, but I just gave some reasons why people are against hybrids. Why put an animal through unnecessary pain for something that's almost experimental? I personally like hybrids and think they look very neat. But I would hate for them to go through unnecessary suffering as well.
    Last edited by satomi325; 01-20-2012 at 05:21 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

mr.spooky (01-20-2012)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456