Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,443

2 members and 2,441 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballbids.com

Thanks

Re: Ballbids.com

I saw it on my facebook page to i just ignored it probaly a scam
    1.0 normal ball python
    0.1 normal ball python
    0.1 quaker parrot
    1.0 motley anery corn snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew00 View Post
    Those penny bids are a scam. One person get a good deal, and everyone else loses a little money. In the end the seller gets way overpaid. I saw some consumer report about them, and basically they would end up taking in something like $3000 for a $499 iPad.
    I've also heard of penny bid sites having bots that bid and win the bids so that they can keep the item and repost it. They make their money off the bids you buy. Not saying this site is like that because I don't know.

1.0 Green Tree Python
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is interesting to read all of Zack's responses. People are flat out calling it a scam and pointing out how much the site gets for selling the animal at auction. The way I see it is that it's sort of like one of those pyramid scams. Some people make it to the top while others stay at the bottom and spend a lot of money trying to sell the product.

Thanks

its legal i think

it looks pretty new - i think the first snake sells tomorrow night - its not for me buy there are some major breeders and players in the business who are checking it out

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think it's a scam, I actually think it's genius. If these snakes are really given away, how is it a scam? A scam is someone who robs you of your money by pretending to offer something you want. If you read the FAQ and how it works you fully understand everything. I can't guarantee that a lot of those auctions won't make it to retial price and that not even the buyer will spend that in bidding points. If you setup a system to know exactly how much you're spending each bid, you can come out winning.

And props to the guy who's doing it all. While the bidder may end up paying $5.35 for a snake, he made .55 x 535. Whose fault is that? The bidders. Nothing illegal there. So if you're going to get all pissy for paying $5.35 for a snake while the guy giving it to you made approx $270 off everyone bidding, then you're just a hater for not thinking of it first. Because I'll tell you what, if I would have thought of this first, I would have done it too.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by babyknees View Post
    I've also heard of penny bid sites having bots that bid and win the bids so that they can keep the item and repost it. They make their money off the bids you buy. Not saying this site is like that because I don't know.
    Oh man that is scary to think about! Like you said, not necessarily with this site, but with any auction site like that!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    I don't think it's a scam, I actually think it's genius. If these snakes are really given away, how is it a scam? A scam is someone who robs you of your money by pretending to offer something you want. If you read the FAQ and how it works you fully understand everything. I can't guarantee that a lot of those auctions won't make it to retial price and that not even the buyer will spend that in bidding points. If you setup a system to know exactly how much you're spending each bid, you can come out winning.

And props to the guy who's doing it all. While the bidder may end up paying $5.35 for a snake, he made .55 x 535. Whose fault is that? The bidders. Nothing illegal there. So if you're going to get all pissy for paying $5.35 for a snake while the guy giving it to you made approx $270 off everyone bidding, then you're just a hater for not thinking of it first. Because I'll tell you what, if I would have thought of this first, I would have done it too.
    Good point, that's why you shouldn't start bidding until the end! If people blow their money in the beginning then that's on them. I understand the concept.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    I actually see where this makes a ton of sense for the auction holder.

Face it, no one is going to bat an eyelash at paying $6.36 for a female butter ball python. That is an unbelievable bargain. BUT if the bid goes up to that $6.36, the auction holder just made the $350 that snake retails for. It's brilliant in it's own way.

I'll probably register there eventually. I wouldn't bid until the last moment, but how is that any different than Ebay ? Makes me wish I could do this with some of my snakes I've been trying to sell.

Gale
    Last edited by angllady2; 12-06-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post
    .... I wouldn't bid until the last moment, but how is that any different than Ebay ?
    As a buyer on eBay, you're not paying just to place a bid. On this, you pay to bid, even if you don't win... Think about how much money you could end up spending in bids, only to be outbid every single time. How many times and how much money before you start to think it's a scam? Sure it's like playing the lottery and as long as it's run by "honest" people (no friends buying the snakes and reselling, etc...) I don't see anything illegal about it. Is it ethical? Questionable at best IMO...
    Kevin Johnson
    0.2 Normal BP -- 0.1 Pastel BP -- 0.1 Spider BP -- 0.1 Het Red Axanthic BP -- 0.1 Ghost dinker
    2.1 Het Pied BP
    1.0 Lesser Bee BP -- 1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly BP -- 1.0 Mojave BP -- 1.0 Black Pastel BP -- 1.0 Cinny (poss het ghost) -- 1.0 Champagne

1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python

1.0 Hypo/Hog Island Boa

iHerp
    Facebook
    Google+

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inknsteel For This Useful Post:

Annageckos (12-07-2011),jsmorphs2 (12-07-2011),rabernet (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    This is nothing new and it's not genius... http://onlinescamwebsites.com/how-do...auctions-work/
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast