Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

1 members and 3,277 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballbids.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ballbids.com

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    So...did you win?
    Lol yeah, did anyone in real life win her that wasn't friends with that guy?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    So...did you win?
    Oh come on now....everyone's a winner
    --Walt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Oh boy this just keeps getting better by the minute!
    AHAHA!! Seriously! Quite entertaining.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Oh come on now....everyone's a whiner
    There...I fixed that for ya!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Balls
    I'd compare this to the "Titanic" but at least the "Titanic" launched successfully before it went under.

Regards,

B

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

Ch^10 (12-10-2011),CLSpider (12-07-2011),evan385 (12-07-2011),Ezekiel285 (12-11-2011),heathers*bps (12-07-2011),Mft62485 (12-07-2011),ReptilesK2 (12-08-2011),satomi325 (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    "Baby are you down down down down down,
    Down, down,
    Even if the sky is falling down,
    Down, down

You oughta know, tonight is the night to let it go,
    Put on a show, i wanna see how you lose control"~~

Story of their night.....
    It just keeps getting better and better for us and worse and worse for them.... ha
    Last edited by satomi325; 12-07-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks

if infact this is a scam,, or the makings of one, just think about all the people thats getting screwed. even when the qbids (or whatever it is) came out, and even now, there are still people lining up by the droves bending over and asking for it in the can.
    i can see these guys making alot of quick cash from people that arent as fortunate as us (here on BP.net) to see all this pan out.
    i feel sorry for all the bidders.
    even if it is legit, i wouldent bid on anything that might compromise an animal.
    theres 2 sides of the coin to this though,,,,, i WOULD bid on a animal from a well known breeder that might just need to lighten their load..
    BUT,, this ballbids just reminds me too much of a puppy mill.
    just my thoughts
    spooky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zn394 View Post
    I am over there watching the auctions now.

A funny thing happened - when the timer hit 0:00, the clock reset to...........

ONE HOUR
    This thread is hilarious, I can't believe I just read every page since I stopped the other day at five but it was worth it! On a less funny note this is so obviously either a scam or a very poorly run website/business venture. Either way those poor people are getting screwed with their money taken from this scam or receiving a possibly sick snake that has not been quarantined and has been stressed out from being housed with multiple snakes and that is being flipped for a profit. If he doesn't know enough about snakes to quarantine his own snakes and keeps multiple snakes in the same tank, what makes you think that the conditions for these snakes being flipped with be any better? I urge you not to do business with these people.

0.1 Normal (Captain Hook) (Hooked deformation on tip of tail)
    1.0 Pastel Poss het Albino (Thor)
    0.1 Normal (Chloe)
    0.1 Tiger Reticulated Python (Jade)
    0.1 Borneo Black Blood Python (Kira)
    Coming soon:
    1.0 Mojave het Albino
    0.1 Mojave het Albino

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Anybody else seen this? It just popped up on my facebook homepage. It looks like it's one of those 1-penny-at-a-time bidding websites, but for ball pythons. I feel like it's a leeeetle sketchy. Where are the snakes coming from? Interestingly enough, there have been no winners yet and there isn't any customer feedback.

Either I don't like it because it's a serious market crasher, or I don't like it because it's false advertising and a scam/rip-off.

http://www.facebook.com/BallBids?sk=app_190322544333196
    This is a tweet from the guys @snakebytes

Ball Bids
    I hate to bring attention to this, but I felt a need to share my opinion. There’s a “new” website called BallBids, where you bid a penny on a morph Ball Python. How it works is you pay for your bids, average of .60 or so. Each bid the animal goes up a penny. The auction goes for a few days, so in the end a $350 snake sells for $4. Keeping in mind that every bidder has lost money except for the winner, who has gotten a great deal on a snake. Now there have been “penny” bidding sites for a long time, with lots of them being shut down as scams. To me buying a laptop for $3 is a different story then buying an Albino Ball Python for $5. These are living animals and the care of the animal and the after the sale support will be non-existent.:cens0r:
    For now all the animals being auctioned off are from Mike Willbanks from Constrictors Unlimited. Mike is a good friend of mine and has great animals and a good reputation. I have not spoken to him about this, but I hope he does not realize what part he has to do with “cheapening” our hobby as well as having no concern for the animals only money. Knowing Mike like I do, I have to imagine that he will “run” away from this as quick as he can. He is a good guy and cares for his animals and our hobby.:cens0r:
    I am curious about your opinions. First, what do you think about this “penny” business model selling animals and second, do you think that you will still support the breeders that supply animals to this “make a buck quick” website.
    I am hoping and praying that this site closes soon, not because I am concerned about the prices of animals, but the way the rest of the world sees how we treat our animals. These are incredible creatures that are alive! Not object that are valued at pennies to make “one” person a lot of money!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yankeepython For This Useful Post:

SlitherinSisters (12-08-2011)

Thanks

Wow this turned out to be far more hilarious than I anticipated.

Here's what I feel like is really going on:

1. The site appears to have been thrown together by somebody with very little patience, let alone knowledge regarding marketing or website construction. The odds that the person behind the site will pay any attention to the health of the animals or the satisfaction of the customer are slim to none.

2. If the website creator really cared about anything other than making a quick buck, more attention would have been paid to details like how the timer would behave, whether the website would be able to handle the traffic, and whether the terms of service were written by Best Buy. Once the money is in his pocket, he's going to be gone.

3. The site is likely set up in such a way that the timer will repeatedly reset if a certain profit has not been attained. To bidders watching the auction, it would appear as though other users are bidding, causing the timer to reset. This process would continue until a certain amount of money has been accrued. I highly doubt that it's an accident, or the fault of the 'server'. It's probably intentional, and extremely sloppy programming.

So in conclusion, I am absolutely not going to give this person any of my money. The fact that one individual person might get away with a morph for pennies on the dollar does not justify the means that it took to make it happen. IF anybody gets the snake cheap, it means that hundreds of others spent heaps of money in exchange for NOTHING. Hundreds of people get ripped off while one person is pleased with themselves for being a jackass and lining the pockets of a scumbag. In the meantime we are COLLECTIVELY shat on. The whole community.

It DOES matter to me that his practices are impatient, sloppy, underhanded and dishonest. I do not want somebody like this to make any money at the expense of weak-willed people and innocent animals.
    0.1 07 Normal "Bigsnake"
    1.0 08 Lesser "Congo"
    1.0 12 Piebald "Pixel"

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ash For This Useful Post:

Don (12-08-2011),evan385 (12-08-2011),heathers*bps (12-08-2011),jsmorphs2 (12-08-2011),rabernet (12-08-2011),Royal Hijinx (12-08-2011),snakesRkewl (12-08-2011),Wicked Constrictors (12-08-2011)

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast