Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

1 members and 3,277 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballbids.com

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ballbids.com

All of our animals are quarantined in a melamine rack system that we put together ourselves to keep costs to a minimum. We've got one sub-adult rack as well as a hatchling rack built, including several thermostats, heat tape, hide boxes, water bowls, etc., to keep the snakes happy and healthy. Once we're done putting together the rest of our material, we should have enough room to house roughly 100 snakes in all. We also feed them rats several times a week, and, seeing as how Constrictors Unlimited handles their business, we've never had a problem when it comes to meal time.
    How long are these animals quarantined? You do realize that each time you add a new animal, with TRUE quarantine, the clock starts all over for every animal in that rack?

Or is this not really quarantine, this is just a way to temporarily house all the animals you're flipping?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (12-07-2011),evan385 (12-07-2011),heathers*bps (12-07-2011),jben (12-08-2011),jsmorphs2 (12-07-2011),mkeller13 (12-10-2011),SlitherinSisters (12-08-2011),snakesRkewl (12-07-2011)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

Focal X (12-07-2011),King's Royal Pythons (12-11-2011),mkeller13 (12-10-2011),Nektu (12-08-2011),Royal Hijinx (12-07-2011),xdeus (12-07-2011)

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Yeah, it looks like the only way to even bid at $0.55 is to buy 1000 bids at a time.... otherwise it is more expensive.

Thanks

on the one snake they have up right now it actually says it's from constrictors unlimited and yes those auctions where you have to buy bids are the most ridiculous scams if you don't win. i had a friend that spent almost a hundred dollars on one of the penny auction sites and won nothing. it will be cheaper for anyone in the long run just to buy the snake at full price.

edit: only as much of a scam as the lottery
    Last edited by rivunel; 12-07-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    1.0 Mojave c.b. 2011 Amadeus
    0.1 Pastave c.b. 2010 Salieri

Thanks
    This seems like it has the potential to be a fun, new and exciting way to purchase ball pythons online.

There are a few problems though.

If the sales on the banner ad were fake, how can we believe the testimonials would not be faked at a later time as well?

Then of course, there's the quarantine issue. Then the risk of no guarantees.

I hope you guys get it all figured out. Your idea has potential, but for now it just doesn't seem legit.

Thanks
    The business model is structured after Quibids, which is currently involved in a class action suit. Even Avi admits that there are lots of scammers with this business model. So, it only looks like a fun, new and exciting way to lose money to me.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

evan385 (12-07-2011),snakesRkewl (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

A Note from ADMIN:

Why is the zackballbids account banned? It's been a very long-established part of the rules of this site that we allow ONE account per member. Period. And Zack is well aware of this because he tried to create a new account early this year and got in trouble for it. We gave him the benefit of the doubt, merged the new account with his old one, and considered that his one allowed name-change we offer to our members.

Zack, YOU are not banned from this site. Just your newest account. You are welcome to log in as man-made evolution anytime you wish to participate here. However, if you create yet another account to try and get around the rules of this site, you will be truly banned.
    Last edited by JLC; 12-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    i think i'll stick to regular auctions for anything. i mean NERD holds auctions every saturday on their facebook page now.
    1.0 Mojave c.b. 2011 Amadeus
    0.1 Pastave c.b. 2010 Salieri

Banned
    Thanks

Hey everyone, Zack at Ballbids.com again

I see a lot of people are concerned about what has happened in the past. Let me explain... I never admitted to a lie because I never told one. I never made myself out to be better then anyone else. I never did anything wrong actually, accept not spelling right and posting to many threads about the same thing. I could see where people would have gotten mad but hey, it was my first time to a forum ever and as you can see, I am a very outgoing and friendly character that does not like negativity in my life. When people started to behave in an inappropriate manner it was only a matter of time before I snapped. I was not ready for that. Kind of threw me off I guess. Either way I should have never been irrational and lost my temper. Besides that, I never scammed or would even scam anyone in my entire life. I don't know why people like to make false accusations. But that is their business. Mine is to help suppress the negative false comments so that people that actually do like this company will not be scared off for false reasons. Anyways, I really wish the bad talking would end because there are no valid points to it. Yes it says on our website that we guarantee our product up to 7 days. We do guarantee live arrival. We do put it out there that you have to buy bids first. We even give you back 5 percent. We could have done this a different way just to make more money. And it might also have worked that way. But we did't. We wanted to make it honest and fair for everyone. I know why you are concerned. We all have been scammed. Not by me tho, and you will never by me! I hope you can agree with my ethics even if you don't agree with my business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zack123 View Post
    Hey everyone, Zack at Ballbids.com again

I see a lot of people are concerned about what has happened in the past. Let me explain... I never admitted to a lie because I never told one. I never made myself out to be better then anyone else. I never did anything wrong actually, accept not spelling right and posting to many threads about the same thing. I could see where people would have gotten mad but hey, it was my first time to a forum ever and as you can see, I am a very outgoing and friendly character that does not like negativity in my life. When people started to behave in an inappropriate manner it was only a matter of time before I snapped. I was not ready for that. Kind of threw me off I guess. Either way I should have never been irrational and lost my temper. Besides that, I never scammed or would even scam anyone in my entire life. I don't know why people like to make false accusations. But that is their business. Mine is to help suppress the negative false comments so that people that actually do like this company will not be scared off for false reasons. Anyways, I really wish the bad talking would end because there are no valid points to it. Yes it says on our website that we guarantee our product up to 7 days. We do guarantee live arrival. We do put it out there that you have to buy bids first. We even give you back 5 percent. We could have done this a different way just to make more money. And it might also have worked that way. But we did't. We wanted to make it honest and fair for everyone. I know why you are concerned. We all have been scammed. Not by me tho, and you will never by me! I hope you can agree with my ethics even if you don't agree with my business.
    Zack, YOU are not banned from this site. Just your newest account. You are welcome to log in as man-made evolution anytime you wish to participate here. However, if you create yet another account to try and get around the rules of this site, you will be truly banned. "did i miss something here............."
    spooky
    Last edited by mr.spooky; 12-07-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast