Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,447

2 members and 3,445 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Please help, I need help determining if these are fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    I just saw two fires on CL yesterday. I'm almost positive it's these snakes. I texted you not knowing it was you and not really linking the these fires to the ones on CL. But given that they are the same gram weight, from the same location, and have the same markings... I can only assume that these are them.

If you are not sure they are fires, then why are you posting that they are fires on CL?
    Also, how can you expect "appropriate rehoming fee (please do your research to know what they are worth)", if you don't don't what these are?

I don't mean to call you out, but after buying them only to resell them for what they'd be worth ($700+) and advertise them as fires when you, as the owner, you don't even know what morph they are; is what I believe as unethical.

I let my friend know about the CL ad last night, but will now notify him of this.

What you do with your snakes is your own business. I'd just rather not go out of my way to help ID a morph, post videos of my fires on YouTube, send pictures and discriptions of fires, and offer to show you my fires in my collection (since we are local); only for you to buy them and then possible false advertise them to some unknowing buyer. But I guess that's CL.

Don't take this any more than what I feel is wrong.

Vitto-
    This is going to be hard to explain, I am not offended because you arent informed on my intentions. I put them on CL and Fauna to see what the offers would be from the local breeders (I am sure you know who they are). I am not selling them to people that are not breeders for that fact. As a matter of fact I am not sure I want to sell them at all. Simply a "testing the waters" ad. Ya know? I would never sell a normal as something its not and never sell a fire as a vanilla or a blank as a blank, ya know? I am definitely not trying to pull the whool over anybodys eyes. I do know that CL here is a lot like that with everything and maybe I should have specified my intentions in the ad. I will fix it. PMing me or texting me may have been better to find out my intentions rather than posting a reply to the thread, ya know what I mean? I am not one of the crooked ones (I have met a few so far). I am definitely realizing that it may have been construed as something it wasnt and I apologize for that. If you ever wanna ask me somthing about my stuff or my intentions or anything, hit me up with a text man. I dont want you to think I am doing something I am not. Ads removed No harm no foul...
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    This is going to be hard to explain, I am not offended because you arent informed on my intentions. I put them on CL and Fauna to see what the offers would be from the local breeders (I am sure you know who they are). I am not selling them to people that are not breeders for that fact. As a matter of fact I am not sure I want to sell them at all. Simply a "testing the waters" ad. Ya know? I would never sell a normal as something its not and never sell a fire as a vanilla or a blank as a blank, ya know? I am definitely not trying to pull the whool over anybodys eyes. I do know that CL here is a lot like that with everything and maybe I should have specified my intentions in the ad. I will fix it. PMing me or texting me may have been better to find out my intentions rather than posting a reply to the thread, ya know what I mean? I am not one of the crooked ones (I have met a few so far). I am definitely realizing that it may have been construed as something it wasnt and I apologize for that. If you ever wanna ask me somthing about my stuff or my intentions or anything, hit me up with a text man. I dont want you to think I am doing something I am not. Ads removed No harm no foul...

I understand. I just got a little upset, that I went out of my way to try to make sure you could make the right choice on getting those fires or the pewter. I tried to provide as much advise and samples of media to help you make the best choice possible. You even told me that you loved the Nuclear (fire x butter) combos and really wanted to fires after looking of the combos that come out of them. So I took that as, I'm going to help someone that will get a great investment and a chance to make future morphs and combos of there liking for a great price. Well after seeing a add for the exact same snakes listed as fires, when looking back today you weren't sure if they were fires and I felt that I reached out and tried to help for nothing.

You are right that I didn't know your intentions and should of talked to you via PM or text. But I guess I was just trying to bring situational awareness but did it through the wrong outlet.

Again what you do with your snakes is your business. Sell them, keep them, breed them. I just wished I would of known that you thought about flipping them, regardless if it was a feeler ad.
    I Remember My 1st Beer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdavidson9 View Post
    Take better pics when you get there, tell him you need an hour to go grab something to eat and "think it over", meanwhile you are posting pics on BPnet. We will let ya know
    clever!!!
    0.1 Normal (Sookie)
    1.0 Pastel (Syler)
    0.1 BumbleBee (Scully)
    1.0 Butter (Gimme)
    0.1 Mojave (Saffy)
    1.0 Albino (Leopold)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Triston)
    1.0 Basset/Beagle Mix (Bilbo)
    0.1 Basset Hound (Mimi)
    a bunch of red eared sliders
    and the oldest, male pit/mix Corky. 18yrs strong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    I understand. I just got a little upset, that I went out of my way to try to make sure you could make the right choice on getting those fires or the pewter. I tried to provide as much advise and samples of media to help you make the best choice possible. You even told me that you loved the Nuclear (fire x butter) combos and really wanted to fires after looking of the combos that come out of them. So I took that as, I'm going to help someone that will get a great investment and a chance to make future morphs and combos of there liking for a great price. Well after seeing a add for the exact same snakes listed as fires, when looking back today you weren't sure if they were fires and I felt that I reached out and tried to help for nothing.

You are right that I didn't know your intentions and should of talked to you via PM or text. But I guess I was just trying to bring situational awareness but did it through the wrong outlet.

Again what you do with your snakes is your business. Sell them, keep them, breed them. I just wished I would of known that you thought about flipping them, regardless if it was a feeler ad.
    I understand that. I didn't have the intention of selling them after I got them when I thought they were much bigger. I never "flip" snakes, I just decided that instead of raising them up maybe I should trade them out for something thats ready to breed, ya know? Or close to it. And I still do not know if I wanna do that, I may keep them and try to prove out what they are. I havent decided yet. Thats why the ads were more of a feeler than a "I must sell now" kinda thing. I put up a lot of ads for my snakes when I think there is something I want more and then I take the ads down when I change my mind. I have almost sold my pastels and my pin a few times, but I still havent sold em cause I always decide to keep them. I am just use to throwing up "feeler" ads when I get something to see whats out there. I do want to get into nuclear spiders and things like that, but there are sooo many different morphs I want to get into and I get impatient and want them right away, haha. Its hard when trying to build a collection on a budget...
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts

I understand that. I didn't have the intention of selling them after I got them when I thought they were much bigger. I never "flip" snakes, I just decided that instead of raising them up maybe I should trade them out for something thats ready to breed, ya know? Or close to it. And I still do not know if I wanna do that, I may keep them and try to prove out what they are. I havent decided yet. Thats why the ads were more of a feeler than a "I must sell now" kinda thing. I put up a lot of ads for my snakes when I think there is something I want more and then I take the ads down when I change my mind. I have almost sold my pastels and my pin a few times, but I still havent sold em cause I always decide to keep them. I am just use to throwing up "feeler" ads when I get something to see whats out there. I do want to get into nuclear spiders and things like that, but there are sooo many different morphs I want to get into and I get impatient and want them right away, haha. Its hard when trying to build a collection on a budget...
    I just want to point out that doing things like this is extremely frustrating to buyers. I haven't had this happen to me, but I can tell you I would be extremely upset if I had found someone selling something I was looking for only for the seller to decide they want to keep them. It would make me leery of contacting this seller in the future as well because you never know if they are going to just decide they want to keep it instead of selling.

It is hard to build a collection on a budget but the best thing you can do is think about what you want and save for it instead of jumping on the first thing that comes along. When you do this you tend to end up with better quality animals that you are happy to own and don't immediately consider selling/trading.

That's just my you can take it or leave it.
    Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kinra For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (12-12-2011),JLC (12-12-2011),Wh00h0069 (12-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I just want to point out that doing things like this is extremely frustrating to buyers. I haven't had this happen to me, but I can tell you I would be extremely upset if I had found someone selling something I was looking for only for the seller to decide they want to keep them. It would make me leery of contacting this seller in the future as well because you never know if they are going to just decide they want to keep it instead of selling.

It is hard to build a collection on a budget but the best thing you can do is think about what you want and save for it instead of jumping on the first thing that comes along. When you do this you tend to end up with better quality animals that you are happy to own and don't immediately consider selling/trading.

That's just my you can take it or leave it.
    Understandable, I mostly didn't sell the others due to lowballing and things like that, and then just decided to keep them instead. When I don't know if I want to keep something I put it up for trade to see if someone has something I would prefer more. I do prefer trading to selling because of this. Thats all I meant. I just want someone to offer me stuff to decide which way to go when I am on the fence about it, ya know? If someone offers me something that is inticing then I will let it go, if I get a bunch of lowballing or trades for things I dont like/want then I will keep what I have. Does that make more sense? It isn't a waste of anyones time because if you throw me an offer for trade or cash and its not what I am looking for I will tell you. I am not going to string anyone along, ya know?
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks

Few more pics, sun never came out today, but got some belly shots and stuff.

Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Those are the best pics that I have. They sent them to me from a crappy cell camera. I dont wanna pass up the deal if they are fires, but I dont wanna spend that much on pretty normals, ya know?
    I know I'm way too late saying this, but this goes for anyone. If you aren't experienced enough to confidently pick out a morph that you are looking to buy, you should never buy that morph from anyone other than a highly respected breeder.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did you pay for normals?
    Last edited by SlitherinSisters; 12-12-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Did you pay for normals?
    I didnt pay normal price for morphs, nor normal price for normals. The people I got them from got them from their friend who gave away her boyfriends breeding collection after he abandoned them all and ran off with another girl. The smaller one was marked as a fire and in all honesty really looks like one (maybe just a little dark, but he is also about to shed). The larger of the 2 (female), was the last one she had to get rid of and they said they would take her. They forgot to ask what it was and assumed it was fire because it was similar to the other one. They do not know morphs at all (these were just pets). The pics I took of her really do change her color and in scouring the internet for every image of description of spectors I could find, she really is identical to a lot of them. Has the head spot, the black fleking on her sides, random placment of dots in alien heads, dorsal striping connecting to doughnuts, her color, most of her belly is perfectly clear with lots of speckling near the bottom, etc. She really has every marker. There are a few pics on the web that look like it is her exactly. I guess the only thing to truely do is wait and breed her to a fire x yb male and see what pops out in the clutch. If I get superstripes she is spector, if I get BELs she is fire. She is definitely not normal, I do not have any normals close to her size to put her with for comparison photos, but I was thinking of putting her next to my big normal female. Dont really know what that would do with the size difference tho. I know that I would have to be a really lucky SOB if she was a spector, and it definitely isnt one of those looking for something that isnt there kind of things. I just wanna know what she is so I know what to pair her with in the future.

I will try and get some natural light pics 2moro, if the sun cooperates...

Here are the best pics of her representing close to true colors and what not

Like us on FACEBOOK...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast