Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,302

3 members and 3,299 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    looks like a fires based on the heads. The color isn't as light as mine, but mine are out of Mike Wilbanks's line. They have the light blushing with a notoriuous dark dot. I haven't seen normals with that.. even dinkers (I could be wrong). Bellies are clear... I'd say fire!

To be honest, I'd pick up these fires over the pewter... unless what I saw in person just didn't give me a strong feeling. but you know how much I love them fires.

FYI- The female to me looks like a decent fire and since she older she has had time to lighten vs the male which is still dark and to me might be questionable JUST based off these pics. Either way a 900 gram female fire is worth more then what you'd pay for both of them. Especially the top female pic! FIRE

I'd just get all three!
    I Remember My 1st Beer

Thanks
    They look like fires to me. I would buy them for $375 even if they were labeled as norms
    Local to Virginia? Check out VaHerps.com

Thanks
    I'm betting if you saw them in person, you'd know whether they're fires or not.
    Here's a bad cell picture, but it shows the headspot.....just imagine him being a TON brighter!

Thanks

Re: Please help, I need help determining if these are fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    looks like a fires based on the heads. The color isn't as light as mine, but mine are out of Mike Wilbanks's line. They have the light blushing with a notoriuous dark dot. I haven't seen normals with that.. even dinkers (I could be wrong). Bellies are clear... I'd say fire!

To be honest, I'd pick up these fires over the pewter... unless what I saw in person just didn't give me a strong feeling. but you know how much I love them fires.

FYI- The female to me looks like a decent fire and since she older she has had time to lighten vs the male which is still dark and to me might be questionable JUST based off these pics. Either way a 900 gram female fire is worth more then what you'd pay for both of them. Especially the top female pic! FIRE

I'd just get all three!
    I would if I had the cash to spend on both...
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks

Here's a nice head shot for you.

Fires tend to have a mickey mouse pattern on they're head.
    Last edited by Reesy; 12-08-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    4.11.3 Normals, 1.1 Fire, 0.1 spider, 0.3 Pastel, 1.0 Super Cinny, 0.1 Cinny, 1.1 pinstripe, 1.1 Mojave, 1.0 Firefly, 1.3 Yellowbellies, 1.2 Het. Pied, 1.0 Pied, 1.0 Mystic, 0.1 Pinstripe het. Albinoo, 0.1 Lesser het. Albino, 1.1 Enchi, 1.0 Calico Pastel, 0.1 Calico, 0.1 Sable, 0.1 Vanilla, 1.1 VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. VPI Axanthic, 0.1 het. Clown, 1.0 Bumblebee, 0.1 Orange Ghost, 1.0 Champaign, 1.0 Albino, 0.1 het. Albino, 1.1 Black Pastel, 1.1 Dumerils, 1.1 BCI, 1.0 ATB, 1.0 Childrens Python, 3.2.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.0.1 Timor Monitor

Welcome to the zoo.

Thanks

Top 2 pics are of the male and the rest are of the female. They appear to be going into shed and are looking "dark", the male has that more brown look to his black that fires have and the female appears more spector IMO. They are a lot smaller than I guessed, male is only 245g and female is 465g. Also, unless I was misinformed, fires great lighter and lighter as they get older right? With these colors and things they are definitely not "normals" pics suck I know, but it was dark and I couldnt take them in natural light. they have creamy yellowish orangy color on the sides mixed with a lot of speckling, lots of flames, faded head spots. looking at pics online, the female at least IMO looks more spector than fire, I dunno...
    I will get more pics 2moro with better light. Anyone have a spector or a few spectors around the same age they could post pics of?

The lighting in my home and the flash from the iphone both changed their colors slightly. Hopefully I can get better pics in light...

Last edited by Zombie; 12-12-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks

Interesting "Dinker" project, your not going to keep them?

Thanks
    I say fire from the last pics, not the best fire I have seen but all the signs (ie. head stamp, blushing and belly) point to fire. That female alone is worth twice what you paid for both.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec4mia View Post
    Interesting "Dinker" project, your not going to keep them?
    I was thinking about it, but because they are so much smaller than I thought they were it is going to be a while before they are going to produce anything...

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
    I say fire from the last pics, not the best fire I have seen but all the signs (ie. head stamp, blushing and belly) point to fire. That female alone is worth twice what you paid for both.
    The male looks like a fire to me, I am going to take more pics of him when he is out of shed. But the female definitely looks much more spector in person. At least from the pics I have seen online. I have never seen a spector in person and can not find too much online about specifics to look for in pattern and what not, from what I gather it is very similar to fire without the same "hypo" look to them. I will try and take more pics in the sunlight today (if we get sunlight).

The reason it is in the dark about what they are exactly is the people I got them from got them from a friend whos boyfriend ran out on her and she gave away all his snakes for free, he was a breeder (). He abandond the snakes for a hot new piece of tail (mistake). They were told the first was a fire based on an ID tag on the tub, thats the male, and they were never told anything about the female. They got the female a couple months after getting the fire. They assumed that because it looked like the fire a little it must be from the same clutch. They never had any interest in breeding them, they were just pets to them. Hopefully the new pics later will be more helpful...
    Last edited by Zombie; 12-12-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks

I just saw two fires on CL yesterday. I'm almost positive it's these snakes. I texted you not knowing it was you and not really linking the these fires to the ones on CL. But given that they are the same gram weight, from the same location, and have the same markings... I can only assume that these are them.

If you are not sure they are fires, then why are you posting that they are fires on CL?
    Also, how can you expect "appropriate rehoming fee (please do your research to know what they are worth)", if you don't don't what these are?

I don't mean to call you out, but after buying them only to resell them for what they'd be worth ($700+) and advertise them as fires when you, as the owner, you don't even know what morph they are; is what I believe as unethical.

I let my friend know about the CL ad last night, but will now notify him of this.

What you do with your snakes is your own business. I'd just rather not go out of my way to help ID a morph, post videos of my fires on YouTube, send pictures and discriptions of fires, and offer to show you my fires in my collection (since we are local); only for you to buy them and then possible false advertise them to some unknowing buyer. But I guess that's CL.

Don't take this any more than what I feel is wrong.

Vitto-
    I Remember My 1st Beer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast