Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,382

2 members and 3,380 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Re: Please help, I need help determining if these are fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Its either buy these fires (possible fires) for $375 or a pewter proven breeder male for the same price. The guy selling the fires is selling them as fires, he is not a breeder they were his pets. He got them from a breeder that was an ex coworkers boyfriend. Obviously the 2 fires would be a better deal, but the pewter deal isnt bad and comes with less stress But the deal is way too good to pass on the fires (if they are fires) because they are like 700g male and 900g female...
    If they truly are fires, the female alone is probably well worth it if you plan to breed. She's almost to breeding weight. Pairing her with your pastel will be really nice. But then again, that pewter will make super pastels w/ your other pastel...hahaha

But I guess, it just comes down to preference. For the same price you can get a double gene male or 2 single gene male/female... But then there's upkeep. Feeding and cleaning after one more snake compared to maintaining two. etc etc. P

What a tough decision... How about get all 3 snakes to get out of this rut! HA! jk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Here are my thoughts...

Good deals are not rare, life changing events that never come again. There will be other good deals in the future. Maybe not precisely for a pair of fires at this same price...but SOMEthing that you can be happy with AND confident about purchasing.

I would not buy a snake if I could not 100% identify it myself. If I can't be confident of the claimed morph, I'll pass on the deal, no matter how good it is. And this includes limiting myself due to my own lack of experience with certain morphs. I wouldn't buy a vanilla, for instance, because I can't tell one from a normal. Maybe someday, when I've had more hands-on experience with the morph, that might change. But if ~I~ can't tell, then I'm not going to buy it.

I'd pass on this one. Horrible pictures. 3rd party assurances that they are what they're supposed to be. No experienced person able to see them in person and help you identify them. It's not a recipe for success.
    Very good advice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    If they truly are fires, the female alone is probably well worth it if you plan to breed. She's almost to breeding weight. Pairing her with your pastel will be really nice. But then again, that pewter will make super pastels w/ your other pastel...hahaha

But I guess, it just comes down to preference. For the same price you can get a double gene male or 2 single gene male/female... But then there's upkeep. Feeding and cleaning after one more snake compared to maintaining two. etc etc. P

What a tough decision... How about get all 3 snakes to get out of this rut! HA! jk
    If I had the cash haha! I just realized you are in Davis, I am in elk grove. If you ever have stuff for sale let me know
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Also...one last thought...

Anytime you have to "hurry up" and decide "right now" on a deal....it's usually best to just walk away. Not always, but again, it goes back to that confidence level. When you KNOW the morph is what they say it is and you KNOW you can trust the seller, go ahead and jump on that great deal. But when uncertainty is involved, that "right now" urgency ups the risk factors a LOT.
    It is not so much a hurry right now kinda thing more of a I dont want someone else to drop in on it, haha! Your advice was excellent, I do believe I will just go with the pewter! I can just put him to my spider and get pewter bees, bumblebees, cinnibees, pewters, cinnys, pastels, and spiders
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks

PM sent.

You need to look at the belly, blushing, color, and head to get a good idea. I have a male and a female fire that are great examples of two variations. My male has the blushed out head typical to most Fires, were as my female has the blushed out with the dot like a Lemonback (Fire line simular to Sulfurs). Just to get you going. BP.net has a referance page on codom morphs and there you will find both Fires and Lemonbacks with a discription and pics.
    Lemonback:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...5708-Lemonback
    Fire:
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...hp?144634-Fire
    I Remember My 1st Beer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitto For This Useful Post:

Zombie (12-08-2011)

Thanks

It is not so much a hurry right now kinda thing more of a I dont want someone else to drop in on it, haha! Your advice was excellent, I do believe I will just go with the pewter! I can just put him to my spider and get pewter bees, bumblebees, cinnibees, pewters, cinnys, pastels, and spiders
    Whatever you don't take, can I move on the deal
    I Remember My 1st Beer

Thanks

If I had the cash haha! I just realized you are in Davis, I am in elk grove. If you ever have stuff for sale let me know
    Yeah! Of course. But I doubt I'll have any morph for sale for another year or so. I've only been selling normals lately. But I'll send a PM to keep in touch. It's always great to find local members.
    Last edited by satomi325; 12-07-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Yeah! Of course. But I doubt I'll have any morph for sale for another year or so. I've only been selling normals lately. But I'll send a PM to keep in touch. It's always great to find local members.
    I"M LOCAL TOO!!! Can I be your guy's friend. I'm a swell guy... no foolin'
    I Remember My 1st Beer

Thanks
    haha, the person is supposed to take some more pics for me today, I will post em on here. Hopefully it will make a final determination as to wether they are fires or not...

Yay! More Local Friends
    Like us on FACEBOOK...

Thanks

Exclamation

Ok, here are a few more pics they sent me today, they are being very helpful other than not having a good camera Here are some head side and belly shots...

MALE

FEMALE

Like us on FACEBOOK...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast