Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,440

2 members and 3,438 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Crazy corn!

Thanks

Crazy corn!

The corn snake we adopted has been a blast, to put it simply. She (not sure on gender, just randomly chose she), is active, inquisitive, and extremely docile. She also likes to explore her tank. She likes to climb up the corner and crawl across the lid until she loses her balance and *kerplop* falls into a pile of shavings. Tonight, however, she did something that had me and the wifey doubled over in laughter and amazement.

She started out with her normal "Ooh, I'm awake, its past midnight, time to cruise!" attitude. Then she did something completely different. She climbed up the side of her tank, via the corner per usual behavior, then she proceeded to crawl across the underside of the screen lid. Had she been wedged in the corner, or supporting herself with her tail still on terra firma, I would've chuckled and walked away. However, her entire body was stretched across the top of the cage, with the very tip of her tail in the corner and the rest of her stretched across to the other side. It was really neat watching her crawl across and slowly lose her balance. Is this a normal thing with corns?
    1.1.0 Normal BP's, Gene and <No Name Yet>
    .1 Red Tail Boa - Ruby
    .1 Creamsicle corn snake - Gobble

My snakey blog! Please read and comment, I value the opinions of the reptile community!

http://snakeystory.tumblr.com/

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Completely normal with them. Eventually she'll grow too large to do that, and then eventually large and old enough that she doesn't do too much like that.

Thanks

Re: Crazy corn!

Yup, both of my corns did that when they were still in tanks and still small enough to do so. My bloodred would get up there and then just chill for awhile, it's such a funny behavior. I wish I had taken pictures. The first time I saw them do it though, I was horrified and really worried that they could hurt themselves... but, apparently not It never seems to get old for them. Does she have anything to climb on? I mean, they'll still do it anyway, but it's always fun to watch them climb, and they seem to enjoy it too.
    ~ Erin ~

somewhat damaged

0.1 normal ball "Karma"
    1.0 albino ball "Reznor"
    1.0 brazilian rainbow boa "Helix"
    1.1 corns - bloodred "Jambi", creamsicle okeetee "Aurora"
    1.0 striped california king "Nix"
    0.1 yellow tiger crested gecko "Ember"

Thanks
    I just found the old log we used when our BP was in that tank. I will bake it for a bit tomorrow to make sure there's nothing creepy crawly in it and put it in there. I bet she'll love it.
    1.1.0 Normal BP's, Gene and <No Name Yet>
    .1 Red Tail Boa - Ruby
    .1 Creamsicle corn snake - Gobble

My snakey blog! Please read and comment, I value the opinions of the reptile community!

http://snakeystory.tumblr.com/