Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,925

1 members and 2,924 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,555
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Embarassing moment at work...

So while at work, I have some free time to check facebook. A friend posts a link to a local news page where a picture of him is used for an article. The article under the picture sortof made it look like my friend was some well-known author so I copied the exerpt that described the photo and pasted it into the comment because it was silly!

Now back to work! As a game tester, I'm expected to find bugs and report them into a bug database.. So after I wrote the title of the bug, I accidentally pressed ENTER which submits the bug... Oh crap! So I decide to fill out the steps to reproduce the bug in the "comment" field and all will be solved! Now normally I copy-paste the title into my summary, then fill out steps... So quickly I ctrl+V, begin writing my steps, then go ahead and submit the comment... I let my lead know the mistake I made and how i fixed it..

I then read over my work and realized I pasted the stupid article exerpt.... My heart sank into my stomach and I know everyone will see it... I also know that if anyone in my room finds out about it, I'll never hear the end of it T.T....

Oh.. The article was about a new book-signing event that mentioned that a producer Twilight attented to show support >_>... I get made fun of enough for seeing the movies x)....

Anyone have any embarassing moments at work that you care to share? It would make me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I have said "errotic operator" instead of "erratic operator" over the air 3 times in the 4 years I've worked here. I'm a 911 dispatcher, so we get a lot of calls for "erratic operators" lol. Of course every cruiser goes rushing out the door as if there's something to see I even had the neighboring town's officers call me by phone asking "what kind of operator was that?". So...embarrassing...heh

Now I over think it, and just avoid the word all together. I now refer to them as "reckless drivers"....and all the cops know why lol.
    Last edited by Skittles1101; 12-02-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles1101 For This Useful Post:

dr del (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Re: Embarassing moment at work...

Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    I have said "errotic operator" instead of "erratic operator" over the air 3 times in the 4 years I've worked here.
    LOL this really does make me feel beter

to make my matters ever so slightly worse, I posted this in General Herp instead of off topic

that's what I get for posting to the boards from my phone

I am incredibly clumsy.. co-workers have nicknamed me "Travalanche"
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    I have said "errotic operator".
    I want to see some of them Leah. Lol
    0.1.0 Normal Ball Python 2.0.0 BCI ?
    1.0.0 Western Hognose 0.0.1 Albino Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa 0.1.0 Snow Motley Corn snake
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk Snake 0.1.0 Gray Banded King Snake
    2.0.0 Okeetee Corn Snakes 0.1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk snake
    0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake 1.2.0 Hog Island Boas
    1.1.0 Colombian Rainbow Boa 0.1.0 Nicaraguan Boa
    0.1.0 California King Snake 1.0.0 Solomon Island ground Boa
    1.1.0 Amelanistic Nelson's Milk Snake 0.1.0 Sunglow Boa
    0.0.1 Guyanan Red Tail

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWinWizard For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    to make my matters ever so slightly worse, I posted this in General Herp instead of off topic
    Well, that's easily fixed.

I allowed a ball python to crash the party in the Herp of the Month Contest this month. I felt stupid.
    -- Judy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

Skittles1101 (12-02-2011)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At least you've not typo'd this as something else and it also made sense in the context of the sentence.

Like: Looks like we need a meeting to get this sorted out.

True story.
    - Mason

Thanks
    I work in a police department as well, and in Indiana our plates from last year say "In God We Trust." One of our officers has said "In God We Lust," at least three times, so he just says Indiana plate now. One of my most embarassing moments wasn't at work, but I froze on stage during a monologue in 8th grade in front of a full house, and thanks to the wonderful reconnecting power of Facebook, I will never hear the end of it.

BPnet Veteran KatStoverReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used to work closely with 2 very dirty minded guys. We were talking about tattoos one day and I said, "I want to get one ofmy balls tattooed on my leg." I saw nothing wrong with this comment (as you fellow herpers know EXACTLY what I'm talking about) and kept going. It wasn't until they both started DYING OF LAUGHTER that I realized what I'd just said and how it would sound to a non-reptile person. So yeah, it took quite awhile to live that one down.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KatStoverReptiles For This Useful Post:

CoolioTiffany (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I work in a university in a photography department. Part of my job is to help students with their projects and print quality ect.

A few years ago I was sitting quietly in my office and had a student come up with nudes of his girlfriend, he told me they were a gift for her and he wanted to make the best images he could and would I mind helping. This is not uncommon and not a big deal so with my help he made 3 quite beautiful prints.

I remember images almost a perfect memory for them. There are over 500 students in my department so I say hello to people I recognize so I don't accidentally 'snub' one of the students.

So some months later while standing in a check out line I recognized the young woman behind me and started up a conversation. It became obvious that she did not know me and started 'where do I know you from game' I said I worked at the art school and she told me her partner went there but she has never been in herself. having a big mouth I said that I must have seen a photograph of her as sometimes I think I know .... .... .... at about this point a triptych pops into my mind 3 prints of the woman in front of me nude. I thought to myself if I go red there is no backing away from this one... I didn't need to go red she did before I did. A short moment of mutual silence followed. Then I mentioned that yes I did indeed know her boyfriend and I helped print some images of her. She smiled and said that I must be Alex and that she really loved the gift and thanked me for the help that was given. We smiled and both red faced made it through the line.

I don't think I have ever been more embarrassed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kitedemon For This Useful Post:

meowmeowkazoo (12-04-2011)