Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

4 members and 3,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: What a beast.

Thanks

What a beast.

So when i went to pick up my mice and rats today i decided to buy an extra mouse and see if my male pastel Zeus would eat an extra one, hes about 200g so i figured i would give it a try. He seemed interested in the second one at first but then he became head shy all of a sudden. It was clear it wasn't going to happen. So after trying to feed the extra mouse to my two bigger BPs (who would have nothing to do with a meal so tiny) i was debating what to do with the mouse. I figured I would try to give it to my female spider Ember (who is a little smaller than Zeus), but wasn't expecting her to even be interested because she had just eaten and is usually pretty shy. She is the LAST one i thought would take it but she did
    I couldn't believe it. I feel like i got that much closer to bees tonight
    Just thought i'd share. Thanks for reading my long story.
    Zeke - Facebook

2.2 Ball Pythons
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos

Thanks
    Don't you love it. I have 4 that will eat anything you drop in front of them and whenever. Just got to Becarfull not to power feed them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Driver For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel285 (12-01-2011)

Thanks

Re: What a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Don't you love it. I have 4 that will eat anything you drop in front of them and whenever. Just got to Becarfull not to power feed them.
    Yea this was probably pushing it a little bit, but she hadn't eaten in a while so i wasn't too worried. Also i figure they don't have anybody in the wild telling them what they can and can't eat so if she eats it she will most likely be fine. I weighed the mice and it was just pushing it a little for her weight. I was really happy she ate it though, like i said.. was not expecting that at all.
    Zeke - Facebook

2.2 Ball Pythons
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Yeah, with these eating machines, you've got to be extra careful not to power feed them... YOUR FINGERS.
    -Jackie Monk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loonunit For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel285 (12-01-2011)

Thanks

Talking

I had the same thing happen 2weeks ago. My male (1500+gr) eats a medium rat a week, my female (800+gr) was eatting a small rat. I left the feeding to my wife due to her wanting to do more with the snakes.. Long story short I came into the room with my female feasting on the med rat...lol.. Never would have guessed she'd taken on such a big meal...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyj83 For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel285 (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    I have a male normal that eats like that too, last time I fed him I came out of the room and told my girlfriend that he would probably try to eat a frozen one if I dangled it in front of him.

My lil lesser is a beast too, earlier this week he had a 23g mouse and then my dumeril's refused a 22g one so I offered it to him, he snagged and downed it like it was nothing... and he's only 85g. I wouldn't make a habit of feeding like that but it was better than tossing it cause he was the only other in quarantine that could use it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to devildog_dk For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel285 (12-02-2011)

Thanks

Re: What a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by devildog_dk View Post
    I have a male normal that eats like that too, last time I fed him I came out of the room and told my girlfriend that he would probably try to eat a frozen one if I dangled it in front of him.

My lil lesser is a beast too, earlier this week he had a 23g mouse and then my dumeril's refused a 22g one so I offered it to him, he snagged and downed it like it was nothing... and he's only 85g. I wouldn't make a habit of feeding like that but it was better than tossing it cause he was the only other in quarantine that could use it.
    Yea they know what they are doing better than we do, I think if they feed like that then they probably have the metabolism to deal with it. But again I agree with not making a habit out of it. Gotta love a hungry snake though, especially with these picky BPs.
    Zeke - Facebook

2.2 Ball Pythons
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel285 For This Useful Post:

Daybreaker (12-02-2011)