Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

1 members and 3,295 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Good rack systems and places to buy?

Hey everyone, I looking at options for another rack system. I know of the boaphile systems, and I actually own one. As of right now, I'm looking into another larger rack. What would you guys recommend? Any good websites I can look at to weigh my options? I tried a couple google searches and a search on here, but I'm not having much luck.
    2.1 normals. 1.1 pastels 0.1 fire 1.0 vanilla 1.1 spider 1.0 mojave 0.1 butter 0.1 albino 1.0 cinnamon 1.0 enchi 0.1 pinstripe 1.0 calico

Thanks
    I love my freedom breeder. They are really solid and I love the option of 0,25,50,100% ventilation. I have mine on newspaper and 25% and it holds humidity well. Great racks and really good people to work with.

Thanks
    ARS are very good racks, but like Freedom Breeder are fairly expensive. If you are looking at PVC type racks, Reptile Basics has great service and good racks.

Thanks

Re: Good rack systems and places to buy?

I love those racks! Just alittle outta my price range, I'm looking for something between $600-$700. The search is on!
    2.1 normals. 1.1 pastels 0.1 fire 1.0 vanilla 1.1 spider 1.0 mojave 0.1 butter 0.1 albino 1.0 cinnamon 1.0 enchi 0.1 pinstripe 1.0 calico

Thanks
    LST exotics are by far the cheapest and awesome customer service. I got my rack with heat, tubs and thermostat for cheap. If you have Facebook there on there. They custom make to what you want as well. I would just call tem and they will give you an exact price

Thanks
    You know, when you do the math, the ARS racks are not that expensive. They will last the life of the snake, if not longer so all you ever need is one rack. At less than $100 per snake (with upgrades, etc a little under $3,000 for a 30 rack system), it isn't too bad. Compare that to a PVC rack that over time will warp and sag and need to be replaced, you are making several purchases.

In addition, IMHO the steel racks are a little safer from a fire prevention stand point and stack higher, allowing more snakes in a smaller footprint. The casters, so you can move them around, are also a big plus for cleaning around the racks. I also think the thermal gradient on open systems like ARS are a little easier to maintain.

It really depends upon what you are wanting to do. I know several breeders with PVC racks and homemade melamine racks and do just fine with them. I just prefer the steel racks for my adults and when you consider the value of your adult snakes, $100 for a rack that will last them a life time, it isn't that bad of a deal. Though, the upfront cost could be a big hurdle.

Thanks

Re: Good rack systems and places to buy?

I used to buy my racks from Reptile Basics, and am still very pleased with them. They make excellent quality racks, and have good customer service. However, I stopped buying racks, because they are way to easy to make, and are a ton cheaper. Homemade racks work just as well too. If you do decide to buy, you can't go wrong with Reptile Basics racks.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.