Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,171

1 members and 3,170 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Wow, that's awful! Glad everyone is okay.
    Last edited by Jessica Loesch; 11-20-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Muffy's Morphs

5.7 ball pythons, 0.0.2 GTP, and some Tarantulas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica Loesch For This Useful Post:

janett (11-20-2011)

Thanks

Re: ♥ Baytril Dosage??? Really???♥

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Loesch View Post
    Wow, that's awful! Glad everyone is okay.
    Yeah, I don't remember much, but I remember that they told my family I would be paralyzed and probably never be able to move my neck or walk or anything.

I'm walking, driving, and doing all that. Problems I have are stiffness every morning, getting comfortable to sleep, bending, laying on a flat surface (there goes mechanics, I built that car myself BTW. Did all the engine work and outside work).

I have been off and on pain meds since the accident BUT now that it's gotten colder I am fully back on. I hate it because I can't function during the day since im so tired...

Oh well, what ya gonna do.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    The dosage is dead on.

My vet if i need anything i just call up and i get the Rx. Dosages re given and ill write them down.

The way to figure out dosages is this.

Snakes weight in LBS x .45= weight in KG then Divide by4 and you get your dosate in CC.

so your one snake of 845g ill use as an example.

845 in lbs is 1.86lbs

1.86lbs x .45=.837kg divided by 4 = .209cc. Which is transferred to 2ML per dosage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

janett (11-20-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    The dosage is dead on.

My vet if i need anything i just call up and i get the Rx. Dosages re given and ill write them down.

The way to figure out dosages is this.

Snakes weight in LBS x .45= weight in KG then Divide by4 and you get your dosate in CC.

so your one snake of 845g ill use as an example.

845 in lbs is 1.86lbs

1.86lbs x .45=.837kg divided by 4 = .209cc. Which is transferred to 2ML per dosage
    WOW, that is def. what I was looking for. Thanks. Didn't seem right but I guess it is right. Is there a reason that my 2093 gram female only was taking 1.0ml? Doing that math that doesn't come out right....then again my math sucks. lol

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tejanastar View Post
    WOW, that is def. what I was looking for. Thanks. Didn't seem right but I guess it is right. Is there a reason that my 2093 gram female only was taking 1.0ml? Doing that math that doesn't come out right....then again my math sucks. lol
    Each vet will do their own dosaging, but the math i laid out is the general dosage for most Antibiotics for snakes.

the larger female should be taking dosages in the 3-5ml. 1 ML is 1 CC. Reason most vets prescribe daily 1ml dosages as thats a full syringe and easier than having multiple. 1ML is fine even for the big girls when given daily

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

janett (11-20-2011)

Thanks

Each vet will do their own dosaging, but the math i laid out is the general dosage for most Antibiotics for snakes.

the larger female should be taking dosages in the 3-5ml. 1 ML is 1 CC. Reason most vets prescribe daily 1ml dosages as thats a full syringe and easier than having multiple. 1ML is fine even for the big girls when given daily
    Wow, your knowledge would actually help a lot of people. So, I must ask...do you know anything about F10 and 'fogging'?? I heard that it works great for RI, not only for cleaning/disinfecting.

You should do a sticky, I think it would really help a lot of people.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tejanastar View Post
    Wow, your knowledge would actually help a lot of people. So, I must ask...do you know anything about F10 and 'fogging'?? I heard that it works great for RI, not only for cleaning/disinfecting.

You should do a sticky, I think it would really help a lot of people.
    Yep, and F10 should not be used for Fogging for Ris at all. Wont help clear anything but subside the RI enough to get proper treatment.

All F10 is doing is killing the bacteria and allowing the snake to breath better similar to that of Vicks vapor rub on your chest.

Just use it as a cleaner but not a medical treatment..

And I not going to make a post about dosages as too much can fall back on me for giving out information that someone could mis read and kill their snake. I wont be held liable for any of that so what i posted above is simple and not detailed..
    Last edited by RichsBallPythons; 11-20-2011 at 02:29 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

janett (11-20-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Do you by chance have a picture of the Syringe to show the numbers and dosage in the pack.

the one example i did of .209 isnt converted to 2ml just .2cc is .2ml.. Im wondering if you read wrong as 2ml is alot of baytril for one snake to get daily.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

janett (11-20-2011)

Thanks

Do you by chance have a picture of the Syringe to show the numbers and dosage in the pack.

the one example i did of .209 isnt converted to 2ml just .2cc is .2ml.. Im wondering if you read wrong as 2ml is alot of baytril for one snake to get daily.
    Let me take a picture of the syringe....brb

Thanks

Yep, and F10 should not be used for Fogging for Ris at all. Wont help clear anything but subside the RI enough to get proper treatment.

All F10 is doing is killing the bacteria and allowing the snake to breath better similar to that of Vicks vapor rub on your chest.

Just use it as a cleaner but not a medical treatment..

And I not going to make a post about dosages as too much can fall back on me for giving out information that someone could mis read and kill their snake. I wont be held liable for any of that so what i posted above is simple and not detailed..
    Yes, I understand and I understand that you are NOT a vet and in NO way giving me medical treatment or telling me how to treat my snake. Just one experienced herp. explaining things to a novice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast