Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,182

0 members and 3,182 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

think she is preggo?

sorry for the terrible pics camera phone and she wiggles a lot.. two colonies of mice and one lone preggo female. the lone pregnant female is lone because her colony mates were all eating the babies. twice in a row. she has one more chance before becoming food.

The pictured female is from a different colony that has never produced. Ive got high hopes for this group!

I have a third colony with a pregnant female that i has done well for me in the past.

My rats do great however my mice have either not been producing or eating their babies. if these three moms dont do well i may just feed them all off and buy 3 totally new colonies.

anyways heres some pics of mom-to-be

0.1 wifey, 1.1 twins, 1.2 Mojave, 0.1 het hypo, 0.5 normal, 1.1 Pastel, 1.1 Spider, 0.3 Het Albino, 1.0 Albino, 1.0 Albino KSB, 2.2 Het pied, 0.1 Pastel Het pied, 1.0 Ghost/Hypo, 1.0 PH Albino Cal King, 0.0.1 sun conure, 1.1 normal fat tail gecko, 0.1 Rat Terrorist named Jenny

Thanks
    i thought she was fat in those pics! she looks like she has an over inflated inner tube around her waist. Still hasnt had babies. Ive been checking on her throughout the day and if she doesnt have them tonight ill be surprised. Ive had VERY bad luck with mice this year. Many bad colonies eating babies, hardly any producing. but this colony is having its first litter and i hope it all goes well, fingers crossed!
    0.1 wifey, 1.1 twins, 1.2 Mojave, 0.1 het hypo, 0.5 normal, 1.1 Pastel, 1.1 Spider, 0.3 Het Albino, 1.0 Albino, 1.0 Albino KSB, 2.2 Het pied, 0.1 Pastel Het pied, 1.0 Ghost/Hypo, 1.0 PH Albino Cal King, 0.0.1 sun conure, 1.1 normal fat tail gecko, 0.1 Rat Terrorist named Jenny

Thanks
    so she still hasnt had her babies

But she did! Didnt expect them to come today. She only had 6 so thats a little disappointing. Ill give her 4 to raise up and 2 to save for the freezer for later feedings.

Thanks
    she mayhave had more and ate them off. Or is this her first litter that you know of ?

Thanks
    Im not too sure. See i made a mistake in the beginning a few months back. I had a brown female that had babies and right before she had them i did like i do my rats and put her in her own tub. i was told that was a bad move and i could never reintroduce her back to the colony. She had ten babies.. I was told to leave and her offspring to create their own colony. well all the female offspring look IDENTICAL to the mom and i cant tell who is who. so the female that dropped last night could be a new mom or the original mom. i dont know. they looks EXACTLY the same.

The black female in the other colony was impregnated by one of the original litters males. The black females colony had one male and he died so i pulled a male when he was a med size and put him in with them. no history of cannibalism with that original litter.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Once a colony is established, leave it be. Don't remove the female, just let them be, and don't disturb them. I don't even clean the tub if there are pinks in it.

Thanks
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but we think two of our female mice are pregnant. In both tubs there are two females and a male.

Tub 1 has one pregnant mouse. Tub 2 also has one pregnant mouse.
    Should we just take the males out and leave all the females in their respective tubs together?

We are planning on providing more nesting materials and taking out any toys that might be harmful or get in the way but I didn't know that removing the females to their own enclosure wasn't recommended until now.

0.1 Normal Ball Python (Caramel)
    0.1 Siberian Husky (Foxy Brown)
    1.0 Husband

~*Wish List*~
    Bumble Bee/Blue Eyed Lucy/Pinstripe/Cinnamon
    Hogg Island Boa/Argentine Boa
    Carpet Python/Green Tree Python

"I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl" - RHCP

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts
    I'm not no pro, as I've just had my first litter, but everywhere I've read it is recommended to remove the males immediately!

Mamas can get pregnant right after birth, I've also heard that the boys could potentially kill the babies, but in some cases do help mama with her pups.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?okp2n0

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

Thanks
    Leave them all together. Male mice make good fathers. Unless you happen to have one that is just mean.